News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger 500 for sale

Started by fc7_plumcrazy, February 20, 2011, 06:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fc7_plumcrazy

Hi,

don't know if that one was posted already. Haven't seen it before:

http://therodgod.com/rodgod_delail_page.php?recordID=156

It is not the car which is currently for sale in Florida advertised for 45k

Carsten

hemi68charger

Nice 500, but $90K for an auto? The only one I know of in Florida is the current black one on ebay now... But then again, what do I know?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Troy is this the same car that was down at Talladega? I can't come up with any other SE B5 blue cars with a 3.23 rear gear in my list. And what are the odds of their being 2 B5 SE cars with a 22" radiator? Which would be standard on a 3.23 car.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on February 20, 2011, 07:36:41 PM
Troy is this the same car that was down at Talladega? I can't come up with any other SE B5 blue cars with a 3.23 rear gear in my list. And what are the odds of their being 2 B5 SE cars with a 22" radiator? Which would be standard on a 3.23 car.

This car in the Florida ad.... Also, this car seems to have a passenger side mirror whereas Gary's didn't........

You mean Gary H.'s old car?  Gary's was a column auto, the one in the ad claims console auto............... So,, apparently 2 500 SE's 440 / 727 w/3.23 suregrips..
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

fc7_plumcrazy

hemi68charger

Indeed then we are looking at two different B5 500/SE's......... One out of Leesburg looks to be Gary's former 500.....
Troy

C500

This looks like the 500 from the first link, but without the tic-toc-tac here

:popcrn:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

winged69

Saw car 2 years ago for sale in Seattle Wash. Very odd car with no options, owner had some Creative Ind papers with it.

richRTSE

Quote from: winged69 on February 21, 2011, 11:06:31 PM
Saw car 2 years ago for sale in Seattle Wash. Very odd car with no options, owner had some Creative Ind papers with it.
I believe he is a member here,  :scratchchin: just can't remember who right now, Gary? That looks like his old car for sale in Florida for $45k.  I don't think the first car is worth twice what that car is listed for.

daytona71

I know Gord and his car is awesome. Saw the car when he first got it, and saw it in stages during the resto. An excellent part of Charger history. 1 of 13 ever made, and the only 1 exported to Canada. They dont get any better than this!

Mikesmoparperformance

WOW I love that B5 color!! Blue and blue interior sweet I love it! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

WB General Lee

I agree with Troy thats alot of money for an automatic. I am not a big blue fan either thats just me. It looks nice but I can buy many Superbirds for that price. Even though I love 500's, the old saying is top goes down price goes up just like if you have a wing price goes up.

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

69_500

Hmmm, I should have thought about Gordon's car but I didn't think he would ever sell the car. I didn't remember his car as having 3.23 gears though. Would make for a nice cruiser.

Montreal Wing Car

Why doesn't the fender tag show the VIN with XX29?

Ben

maxwellwedge

moparstuart

Quote from: WB General Lee on February 22, 2011, 10:09:11 AM
I agree with Troy thats alot of money for an automatic. I am not a big blue fan either thats just me. It looks nice but I can buy many Superbirds for that price. Even though I love 500's, the old saying is top goes down price goes up just like if you have a wing price goes up.
I have the best of both worlds   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Sean

Quote from: WB General Lee on February 22, 2011, 10:09:11 AM

Where are the sub 90k super birds?

Highbanked Hauler

WOW my build sheet has to be out there with all the B5 500s there are.  There had to be at least 3 B5 cars at Creative at the same time. Gary's , as his had the wrong build sheet, mine which had Gary's  build sheet and a third which probably has my B sheet in it. :shruggy:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser