News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General Lee - Love 'em hate em,.. or indifferent?..

Started by Brock Samson, February 19, 2011, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ok: cast your votes.

Live and Breath DOH!!!! YEE HAWW!!
Love the show that's why I'm here.
They're OK I guess, to each their own.
Like them somewhat but don't see the fuss.
Think the DOH is pretty dumb.

General_01

Quote from: Richard Cranium on February 19, 2011, 07:32:37 PM
Quote from: skip68 on February 19, 2011, 05:38:43 PM
  If you want to beat on me/us about our GL's, then post a picture of your car so we can bag on it. 

:lol: :nana: :smilielol:

Always loved Starsky's car.  :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

troutstreamnm

QuoteIs there any wonder why so  many can't take the General Lee seriously?

You forgot one!
2008 SRT-08 Challenger
1971 GA4 Challenger
1970 FK5 Charger 500

Mikesmoparperformance

Funny whats the problem about General lee chargers :shruggy: It still is a 69 charger thats is orange with a big 01 on the side and a rebelflag on the roof :2thumbs: I love that car :popcrn: it still is a Mopar, I think we all must be together why the hate for it? because of the Redneck flag on the roof come on! Thats history its 2011 now we know better right?

People that make different cars in to a General lee does that because they can't affort a 69 charger :rotz: and, do it the easyway turning  the car that you own in to a General Lee :icon_smile_big: I like it funny to see :rofl:, But a General must be A 69 charger nothing els! :2thumbs:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW! :yesnod: :icon_smile_big:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

Mikesmoparperformance

MOPAR OR NO CAR

Mikesmoparperformance

MOPAR OR NO CAR

clanton

OK stop making fun of the GL owners  :popcrn: I can hear one of them crying and keying the 01 from here.  :pity:
Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Brock Samson

Well, as I've stated before I get really bored with the Jennies, some are nice all right and done up proper,.. But they tend to be on the ratty side from the four or five I've seen running around the Bay Area, here,.. One's supposedly real, and I've posted on it a couple years ago...
I really prefer the modified ones done to the owner's taste - like the Top three i did a thread on a yr or so ago... but It does bothers me a bit that every week we get someone building another one and I'm like Yawn,.. 'n all,.. It's their/your car you can do what ya' like.
I just wonder if they'll ever be returned to semi Orig. ya' know?.. with more variety and owner's own personality.
Somebody once said it was "like dressing a charger up in a clown suit".
But Remember - I was into Muscle since I saw my first Sting Ray in '63, when I was 6. I used to go to the junkyard a few blocks from my house and sit in the wrecked '62 Vette with a smashed out windshield and blood all over and pretend I was driving it up to the 150 MPH Speedo...  :shruggy:
I'm older and my sensibilities are different, some of the older guys I meet here in the Area are really into their Ferraris and Jags and really old school '50s Chryslers and I know they don't feel my R/T. so I guess these things are relevant to your time frame.

Mikesmoparperformance

This is cool! :cheers: :popcrn:

Here is how they do it in holland  Dutch Flag on the roof and 02 :o on the door :rofl:

MOPAR OR NO CAR

68coronetGLwannabe

This turned into every other General Lee thread. I hope you are all happy. I got so angry at this thread I tore the door of my Mobil home kicked the hound dog. Got my mullet  stuck in the seat belt when I jumped through the window of my General, spilled my PBR and held it right to the floor. Oh and burned myself on my half burned Marlboro. Now my first cousin is mad at me because our first child was conceived in the back seat of the General, and my wife is mad because I bleed on her rebel flag bikini top! Not to mention I am gonna be on TV (Cops) in a wife beater t-shirt :paintingpink: :buff:
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

G-man

Brock

Dont you get bored of seeing so many black chargers and whenever someone restores there one its always gotta be 'tripple black'. How unorginal. Black, like majority of other cars on the planet. Its not even a colour. Run out of ideas "Cool lets go black"... seriously.

Paint is paint, people paint them how they like them. It seems the GL theme paint looks good so people paint them that way. Hey better than black, at least its original.

But to me no colour is borring. People paint them what they like them to be. Once again, Dukes of Hazard never smashed any of the owners cars here so get over the whole crash theme. You wanna break yours break it, its your car you do what you want with it. GL theme may not be your theme but my theme aint a black theme either so I guess we all better quit painting them GL or black and paint them PINK then everyone will be happy.  :slap:

Brock Samson

Ya' know if you wanted to get into the Dukes as a Modern Mythology up date it could break some new wind,.. I mean ground, ya' know the Charger as a modern moonshine runner and the Dukes Boys are Robinhoods and all that. Saving the locals from evil robber barons... Even the Charger representing the sacrifice some choose to make for the common good?...
  naw,..  it'll never happen...
:leaving:

clanton

I blame Ebay and retarded used car dealers for this thread.  :pity:
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

68coronetGLwannabe

I blame it on being bored and its raining. Plus it helps my post count.

And Skip68 said so!
"That's us in 10 years".

clanton

Unfreaking believable, this pic goes up on two posts.....for my post count!!!!  :lol:
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Cooter

Gee, nothing like another GL thread to bring out the haters..Happens everytime...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

BIGBLCK11

Original would be what's on the fender tag.  Copying the GL is not actually original either.  It's just paint, some people may want to paint the car they "own" black.  I guess all of the people with boring, triple black, Bullitt tributes should paint their cars a different color.  Oh wait, they may "like" it that way.  Guess you can't make everyone happy. 

clanton

Nothing like a GL thread to bring the "victims"  :pity:
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: clanton on February 19, 2011, 08:58:12 PM

I feel like such a victim of "Cyber Bullying"   :icon_smile_blackeye:  Plus I would like to hit 600 post count tonight.
"That's us in 10 years".

clanton

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on February 19, 2011, 09:01:43 PM

I feel like such a victim of "Cyber Bullying"   :icon_smile_blackeye:  Plus I would like to hit 600 post count tonight.

Nothing like some good ol gay bashing around here.... :2thumbs:
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Brock Samson

Mine was originally Med Bronze (sorry Neal J)  :lol: But I choose to paint her tripple black, intill every other charger I'd see at a show was tripple black too,.. So to express myself  :scratchchin:  I went with an original color I devised on the spur of the moment..
I wish I had the Funds to paint it up like a sunburst Strat, but hey - that's me...
Ya' know what really cracks me up?..  is folks who start posts asking what color they should paint their car...  :rofl:
 They get the same answers every time.  :shruggy:  :smilielol:
   What was it Richard Dawson used to say?>..   Survey Says!!!   :shruggy:

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: clanton on February 19, 2011, 09:04:20 PM

I find this comment offensive. If you want to make fun of The General Lee that's one thing But there is no reason to spew hate and insensitive comments like that.
"That's us in 10 years".

6pkrtse

There is one here near my house that has been sitting in the back yard for like 6-7 years. I have tried numerous times to talk to someone about doing something with the car. I wouldn't mind having one if a good enough deal came along but I would never build one out of a 69' Charger just because of the show. Now a 68' Bullitt clone is what I want to do.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

Brock Samson

Quote from: 6pkrtse on February 19, 2011, 09:22:23 PM
There is one here near my house that has been siiting in the back tard for like 6-7 years. I have tried numerous times to talk to someone about doing something with the car. I wouldn't mind having one if a good enought deal came along but I would never build one out of a 69' Charger just because of the show. Now a 68' Bullitt clone is what I want to do.

that's a Freudian slip right?..   :scratchchin:
this being SF we got a Bullett clone running around here too, very sweet car, I've yet to catch him or see him on here...

clanton

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on February 19, 2011, 09:17:34 PM
Quote from: clanton on February 19, 2011, 09:04:20 PM

I find this comment offensive. If you want to make fun of The General Lee that's one thing But there is no reason to spew hate and insensitive comments like that.

I find your comments pollitally correct, and that you must tolerate my intolerance, or you will cry like a bitch.  :popcrn:
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.