News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General Lee - Love 'em hate em,.. or indifferent?..

Started by Brock Samson, February 19, 2011, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ok: cast your votes.

Live and Breath DOH!!!! YEE HAWW!!
Love the show that's why I'm here.
They're OK I guess, to each their own.
Like them somewhat but don't see the fuss.
Think the DOH is pretty dumb.

jaak

Quote from: jaak on March 08, 2011, 09:35:14 AM
There is an episode with Coy/Vance, don't know which one, but I have seen a screen snap online of it, where 'GENERAL' was misspelled on the drivers side, I think it was 'GENEREAL' or 'GERNERAL', something like that, just remembered it had an extra letter in it.

Jason

Found it.........

Jason

The70RT

Why would anyone start another thread like this.............. BROCK  :icon_smile_question: This is the 54th thread on GL opinions since the new site has been up. No I didn't read the 350 replies since it was posted just over 2 weeks ago  :P  I should have looked at the poll I guess...36 people think it's dumb. I'm just to each their own.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: jaak on March 08, 2011, 09:44:51 AM
Quote from: jaak on March 08, 2011, 09:35:14 AM
There is an episode with Coy/Vance, don't know which one, but I have seen a screen snap online of it, where 'GENERAL' was misspelled on the drivers side, I think it was 'GENEREAL' or 'GERNERAL', something like that, just remembered it had an extra letter in it.

Jason

Found it.........

Jason

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Bob

64dartgt

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 04, 2011, 03:08:39 PM
maybe you should've asked her?..  :shruggy:

So THAT is what the bar in front of the General is for...pushing half naked women out of the way!   :rofl:

The70RT

Quote from: 64dartgt on March 08, 2011, 09:57:29 PM
Quote from: Brock Samson on March 04, 2011, 03:08:39 PM
maybe you should've asked her?..  :shruggy:

So THAT is what the bar in front of the General is for...pushing half naked women out of the way!   :rofl:

I would say for big ones only though....hefer style  :D

kamkuda

Richard Cranium

Quote from: The70RT on March 08, 2011, 10:12:57 AM
Why would anyone start another thread like this.............. BROCK  :icon_smile_question: This is the 54th thread on GL opinions since the new site has been up. No I didn't read the 350 replies since it was posted just over 2 weeks ago  :P  I should have looked at the poll I guess...36 people think it's dumb. I'm just to each their own.

This is the video equivilent of General Lee fans versus non General Lee fans......

http://www.wimp.com/arguegoat/

You decide who is who.   :lol:
I am Dr. Remulac

Brock Samson

Well,.. actually it was some DOH fans on earlier threads saying that the charger wouldn't be nearly as popular as it is and how folks should thank them for popularizing the Second Gens,..  :shruggy:
  That made me want to see what the split on this site is/was on the Dukes popularity.. just for grins.. i should have figured they'd call up the calvery from the DOHFanClub/s to come to the rescue and skew the results.
notice a lot of responses early on are from guys with names like BO01 and GeneralDuke Yeehawww ETC...

lol...  :rofl:   My job is done here... 
:leaving:

Mike DC

QuoteWell,.. actually it was some DOH fans on earlier threads saying that the charger wouldn't be nearly as popular as it is and how folks should thank them for popularizing the Second Gens,..  shruggy
  That made me want to see what the split on this site is/was on the Dukes popularity.. just for grins.. i should have figured they'd call up the calvery from the DOHFanClub/s to come to the rescue and skew the results.
notice a lot of responses early on are from guys with names like BO01 and GeneralDuke Yeehawww ETC...

Yeah, because we here on DC.com are above trying to skew the results on other website polls about muscle cars . . .

Brock Samson

Nacho-RT74

BTW I haven't voted yet, I can't fit my opinion on any of the options ;)
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Bobby41909

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 09, 2011, 10:39:37 AM
Well,.. actually it was some DOH fans on earlier threads saying that the charger wouldn't be nearly as popular as it is and how folks should thank them for popularizing the Second Gens,..  :shruggy:

lol...  :rofl:   My job is done here... 
:leaving:

I don't know....everytime I tell someone I am in the process of building a 69 Charger I get a blank stare until I tell them...you know the General Lee from the DOH....Then they get it....but the show did nothing for the car????   Your all crazy.... You don't have to like it but you have to admit that MOST of the population or non-car folks only know the car because of the DOH....If you don't believe it, why do I keep seeing posts of guys getting sick of the "you gonna paint it orange" comment?   Because thats what they know.....
:poke:

Ghoste

No one is saying the show did NOTHING for the car, we are trying to point out that it isn't anywhere nearly as much of a reason for the cars popularity as DOH fans think.  The show is the reason for many people being in it and it is the thing that NON CAR PEOPLE (and by default non Charger owners) can use to visualize the car but it isn't the primary source for 2nd gen Chargers being restored.  I have heard too many times that the only reason there are so many 2nd gen Charger fans is because of the show.   :icon_bs: :icon_bs: :icon_bs: :icon_bs: :icon_bs:  It was hugely popular before DOH and to assume that all of those GL's would be rotting in a swamp somewhere without the DOH is ludicrous.  And for the record, the thing about all of those people who tell you to paint your 69 Charger orange and put the goofy graphics on it that is so annoying is because probably 95% of them ARE NOT CAR PEOPLE IN ANY WAY!!!  They just remember the goofy graphics and think you should go Hollywood.

Mike DC

If you say you're doing a '67 Mustang fastback, a lot of non-car-people might give you a blank stare until you say "It's Nicolas Cage's Eleanor from 'Gone in 60 Seconds." 

But this recognition doesn't mean that the Nic Cage movie is the whole reason that 1967 Mustang fastbacks are sought-after these days. 

Kern Dog

The entertainment industry can help the image of cars and trucks, some good , some not. The Power wagon in Simon and Simon didnt really rise in popularity, right?
I also get confused looks from some when I describe the 70 Charger I own. Many come around when I say... " Uhh, remember the Dukes of Hazzard? What about the big black Dodge at the end of the first Fast and Furious movie? Okay... got it.

Ghoste

Exactly.  If the people building Eleanor clones started to imply that was the number one reason for interest in Shelby Mustangs, I think the Shelby crowd would scoff.  FWIW, I see several Eleanor clones over the course of a year (less and less lately) and some Mustang guys love them, the majority seem to dislike them and the general public who aren't into cars all that much go the craziest for them.  In other words, an echo of what I see here although we seem to state our positions a little more passionately here.  (then again, the Charger is a lot more passion inspiring than a Mustang :icon_smile_big:)

G-man

I dont remember anyone saying the number one reason people love the car is solely due to Dukes of Hazard and thus if it didnt exist nobody would care.

As far as I remember the whole problem is, there are jerks that simply think a DOH car (which is totaly good in its own right, its oange with a number on the door... hey dont most nascar's have numbers?) is worth shit and not even worth looking at. So you get the few that will simply walk past it at a show thinking its shit hence no comment made (very arrogant in my opinion) and then you get the other half who instead of just being silent start making stupid ass comments aswell about it.

Then the worst part is the total DUMBASSES who go and paint anything and everything orange with a number on it which only fuels the other haters to hate it even more for what, cause its orange with a number? I guess these people must hate any racing NASCAR then to cause they all got a number on them and a lot of them are in bright colours like red/orange

So why dont we just start going around and saying garbage to people with DMCL chargers, Like, how gay with that stupid looking black stripe on the side painted in a colour that doesnt even work for a charger, or how about we just start bashing black chargers considering nobody knows how to be original so blacks the easiest way to go.

This whole thing is a bunch of dribble based on opinions of "i dont like this so its crap" yeah well, someone doesnt like your charger and would buy a Mustang over a dodge any day of the week, that means all dodges suck now and therefor we should start bashing them all?
FSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

This whole thing start to end is a bunch of fertalizer with some decent posts in the middle of all the bad smell

nvrbdn

ok then. anyway, mabey this thread has evolved to " who thinks the charger is popular because of the dukes, and who loved this car before the dukes ever drove a charger". :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ghoste

The bit about DOH being the prime reason for so many 2nd gen Chargers being restored has been stated on the forum many times in several threads.  Whatever.
You love the car, I don't.  We're both happy.  As for bashing Chargers in general, I can't speak for anyone else (I don't have a DMCL clone or a black one) but I can say that my car has been bashed many times (a lot of them even by me) and I just shrug my shoulders and forget about it.  
My other opinion (because remember, all of these are nothing but personal opinions) would be that I don't think the "haters" hate the GL more because of an orange lawnmower.  Honestly I couldn't care less about vans and junk with a 01 on them.  If anything they're just funny.

(you see what I am saying about passion  :D )

Ghoste

Quote from: nvrbdn on March 10, 2011, 08:33:08 AM
ok then. anyway, mabey this thread has evolved to " who thinks the charger is popular because of the dukes, and who loved this car before the dukes ever drove a charger". :shruggy:

I think it always was about that.  I think all of the GL love/hate threads have at some level been about that.

Mike DC

QuoteHonestly I couldn't care less about vans and junk with a 01 on them.  If anything they're just funny.

I think they're "just funny" to everyone, fans and non-fans alike. 

Back N Black

Quote from: G-man on March 10, 2011, 08:07:45 AM
I dont remember anyone saying the number one reason people love the car is solely due to Dukes of Hazard and thus if it didnt exist nobody would care.

As far as I remember the whole problem is, there are jerks that simply think a DOH car (which is totaly good in its own right, its oange with a number on the door... hey dont most nascar's have numbers?) is worth shit and not even worth looking at. So you get the few that will simply walk past it at a show thinking its shit hence no comment made (very arrogant in my opinion) and then you get the other half who instead of just being silent start making stupid ass comments aswell about it.

Then the worst part is the total DUMBASSES who go and paint anything and everything orange with a number on it which only fuels the other haters to hate it even more for what, cause its orange with a number? I guess these people must hate any racing NASCAR then to cause they all got a number on them and a lot of them are in bright colours like red/orange

So why dont we just start going around and saying garbage to people with DMCL chargers, Like, how gay with that stupid looking black stripe on the side painted in a colour that doesnt even work for a charger, or how about we just start bashing black chargers considering nobody knows how to be original so blacks the easiest way to go.

This whole thing is a bunch of dribble based on opinions of "i dont like this so its crap" yeah well, someone doesnt like your charger and would buy a Mustang over a dodge any day of the week, that means all dodges suck now and therefor we should start bashing them all?
FSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

This whole thing start to end is a bunch of fertalizer with some decent posts in the middle of all the bad smell

Why get so work up over peoples opinion on the GL? I suggest you not paint your car orange or take it to car shows, seem to be a sore spot.

The70RT

This is why I questioned "another GL thread"...every one of them ends up like this and fades away....then somebody starts a new one  :-\