News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General Lee - Love 'em hate em,.. or indifferent?..

Started by Brock Samson, February 19, 2011, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ok: cast your votes.

Live and Breath DOH!!!! YEE HAWW!!
Love the show that's why I'm here.
They're OK I guess, to each their own.
Like them somewhat but don't see the fuss.
Think the DOH is pretty dumb.

RallyeMike

I'm surprised at the even distribution of the pole.

To me, the Dukes + GL are to Chargers, as what the Monkees were to Rock n Roll.
A goofy, G-rated version of the cool, edgy things in reality that you enjoy.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

69bronzeT5

Those Daisy Roadrunner pictures piss me off to no end.......why throw a COMPLETE car over a cliff. There was no need for the full interior or anything in that car.... :brickwall:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Mike DC

QuoteThose Daisy Roadrunner pictures piss me off to no end.......why throw a COMPLETE car over a cliff. There was no need for the full interior or anything in that car....

Yeah but it was 1979.  

If your boss today told you to prepare a raggedy beat-up 2003 Dodge Avenger to be wrecked, how much time & effort would you put into saving pieces from it? 

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on February 27, 2011, 05:26:23 PM
QuoteThose Daisy Roadrunner pictures piss me off to no end.......why throw a COMPLETE car over a cliff. There was no need for the full interior or anything in that car....

Yeah but it was 1979.  

If your boss today told you to prepare a raggedy beat-up 2003 Dodge Avenger to be wrecked, how much time & effort would you put into saving pieces from it? 

Very true...

G-man

like your Sir Speedy's Resto gif... maybe one day, just maybe. :angel:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: G-man on February 27, 2011, 05:49:30 PM
like your Sir Speedy's Resto gif... maybe one day, just maybe. :angel:

Thanks! Yeah one day for sure :cheers:

Richard Cranium

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on February 27, 2011, 06:24:41 AM

QuoteA serious Dukes of Hazard series/movie? That would sink faster than the Titanic.

10 years ago nobody thought it would be feasible to make a "Batman" movie that felt very realistic and watchable for adults.  But the recent couple of Christian Bale movies have pulled it off surprisingly well.  They've kept all the major elements that make it a comic book franchise but the adult part of your brain can suspend disbelief long enough to sit through it.  It doesn't match what every generation & audience member wants from "Batman" but the raw success of the current series is undeniable.   

I think DOH could be done in a more watchable form.  So far the franchise has never been given half a chance at realism & drama in all the decades it has existed.

The Batrman movie was based on the Marvel comics, not the old tv show and that's why it was successful. The remakes of tv shows such as The Beverly Hillbillies, Bewitched, Brady Bunch, Get Smart, etc., were all flops because the original tv series were as good as those shows could be.
I am Dr. Remulac

nvrbdn

the problem with the old shows is that as kids we were thrilled and glued to the tv when gilligans island and flipper and shows like dukes were on. we didnt knit pick everything,we just enjoyed the action or impossible stunts they would do. it was entertainment from fantasy land. now as we try to relive those moments we see something out of place (like the wrong grill on the car) and throw up a red flag.yep, people fell in love with the charger because of the general. i loved flipper till i found out flipper was a "she" dolphin. you wouldnt believe how many young people coming out of the theater after the first fast and furious played, asking what was that black car? it was so cool!! its a shame to have to grow up and lose the excitement those shows were made for instead of being so serious. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Mike DC

QuoteThe Batrman movie was based on the Marvel comics, not the old tv show and that's why it was successful. The remakes of tv shows such as The Beverly Hillbillies, Bewitched, Brady Bunch, Get Smart, etc., were all flops because the original tv series were as good as those shows could be.

I would agree that the majority of the remakes we've gotten of old television shows lately are inferior.   But that's not always true.  "Battlestar Galactica" was remade better than the original. 

Even stuff like "Star Wars" and "Indiana Jones" were remakes of non-specific old genres of television shows.  (George Lucas had actually tried to buy the rights to the old 1950s "Buck Rodgers" TV series but was turned down.)

WB General Lee

There were more than one Daisey Road Runners that year used. Warner Brothers used to rent car back then in some cases and he had the contract from WB. I don't but movie cars without it.

TylerCharger69

The show itself???  It was okay....kinda corny, but good family television.    The movie?  Well.....Willie Nelson made an excellent Uncle Jessy, and that's all I have to say about that.....But the General Lee?    I love that car!!!   I would have watched General Hospital on a daily basis if that car was in it.   For me...it wasn't about the show or its content....it was about the car.  I watched the show strictly to see the General Lee.   I sometimes wonder if that show would have been a hit if the GL wasn't there..... :scratchchin:

Bobby41909

This post is so I can stop the "notification" e-mails... :horse:

I don't care what this POLL says...the General is the AWESOME :punkrocka: :METAL:

For those of you that don't AGREE...I know why :shortbus: :coocoo: :no: :eek2: :loser:

BTW I just figured out how to get the extended smileys :woohoo:

Bobby41909

clanton

Quote from: Bobby41909 on February 28, 2011, 08:18:18 PM
This post is so I can stop the "notification" e-mails...  :nana:

I don't care what this POLL says...the General is the AWESOME  :icon_smile_question:  :icon_smile_blackeye:

For those of you that don't AGREE...I know why  :coolgleamA:  :2thumbs:  :smilielol:  :angel:  :rofl:

BTW I just figured out how to get the extended smileys  :brickwall:
Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

greenpigs

QuoteI don't care what this POLL says...the General is the AWESOME

::)

:blahblah:

:nutkick:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

clanton

This is General Lee...... :cheers:
Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Bobby41909

Quote from: clanton on February 28, 2011, 08:42:37 PM
This is General Lee...... :cheers:

That's why I make it a point to refer to her as "the General"....it's a "kickass muscle car" thing not a "South will rise again" thing for me....

So you stand corrected... :loser:

WB General Lee

When you think about the Bullet car was is a 1968 Black Charger RT that be bought new at any dealership. It is a kick ass car but you saw them all the time. The Fast and Furious was ok also but not real different. A winged car is very rare so when you see one its exciting.

greenpigs

QuoteA winged car is very rare so when you see one its exciting.

I agree it is kodak moment. The difference is for me is I never cared for the styling of the wing cars & don't wan't to own one. A 68 triple black  RT is something I would love to have,no matter how many others there are-sorta like the GL crowd I guess.  :ahum:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Piston_Freddy

Quote from: WB General Lee on February 28, 2011, 09:32:43 PM
When you think about the Bullet car was is a 1968 Black Charger RT that be bought new at any dealership. It is a kick ass car but you saw them all the time. The Fast and Furious was ok also but not real different. A winged car is very rare so when you see one its exciting.
There was a Charger in Bullet?
Max rim size:15"

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Piston_Freddy

Quote from: Cooter on February 28, 2011, 10:21:18 PM
I thought it was "Bullit"?
Its "Bullitt" actually http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062765/ I have no idea why a lot of people say Bullet. :shruggy:  Also one thing I have noticed that, people think that Vanishing Point remake came out in 1996, but it was actually 1997. :slap:

Cooter

Actually, it was 1971...Any "Real" VP movie buff knows that?  ;)
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Piston_Freddy

Quote from: Cooter on February 28, 2011, 10:37:07 PM
Actually, it was 1971...Any "Real" VP movie buff knows that?  ;)
Yes, but does every movie buff knows that the first "The Fast and the Furious" movie came out in 1955?! :nana: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046969/