News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General Lee - Love 'em hate em,.. or indifferent?..

Started by Brock Samson, February 19, 2011, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ok: cast your votes.

Live and Breath DOH!!!! YEE HAWW!!
Love the show that's why I'm here.
They're OK I guess, to each their own.
Like them somewhat but don't see the fuss.
Think the DOH is pretty dumb.

Steve P.

Do we have to kill this thread?? How bout we quit with ANY BASHING?  :brickwall:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Brock Samson

clanton

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: clanton on February 19, 2011, 09:27:41 PM
Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on February 19, 2011, 09:17:34 PM
Quote from: clanton on February 19, 2011, 09:04:20 PM
Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on February 19, 2011, 09:01:43 PM
Quote from: clanton on February 19, 2011, 08:58:12 PM
Nothing like a GL thread to bring the "victims"  :pity:

I feel like such a victim of "Cyber Bullying"   :icon_smile_blackeye:  Plus I would like to hit 600 post count tonight.

Nothing like some good ol gay bashing around here.... :2thumbs:

I find this comment offensive. If you want to make fun of The General Lee that's one thing But there is no reason to spew hate and insensitive comments like that.

I find your comments pollitally correct, and that you must tolerate my intolerance, or you will cry like a bitch.  :popcrn:

Say what you like, no crying and no bitch here. Politically correctness has nothing to do with it.
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

Brock Samson

skip68

This is why I don't read much of the jenny lee threads.   I do enjoy my GL but it's really a charger and that's what I love.  I'm not a die hard DOH fan and it's all I live for kind of guy.  If I was, I would be a member of one of those web sites.  I'm on a Charger site because that's what my car is.  These threads turn bad because of the few cry babies that feel the need to bag on your choice of car looks. This site is for Chargers and to share and help others. Will I be cool and fit in better once I paint my car a more popular color ?.  Will other GL owners hate me because I changed my car ?.  I think not.  CRYING ? WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ? ???.  You ass#h%s are complaining about our cars and if we get mad and respond WE are the ones crying ?.  Here's the deal with that. "You're making fun of my car like a little punk".  Now, you will say I'm crying just like I will say you're a little punk a$$ Bit*#.  Does that make sense cupcakes ?. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Cooter

Guys, just ignore that a$$clown and he'll finally get tired of ribbing you.. Does this everytime a GL thread comes up. Keyboard cowboys are nothing new..150 posts and all of them are like this..Funny? No. Some people live to be the biggest a$$ they can and I think it's clear this "clanton" is doing just that...Ok, Back on Topic..the General Lee Rules! :yesnod:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

skip68

Thanks Len.   Next thing you know Clanton will say that if you don't own a Charger you shouldn't be on this site. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

nvrbdn

well, back to the original thought here, i had a charger before the duke boys rode around saving the world because i thought it was the baddest car on the planet.my first car was a 68 dodge charger. couldnt think of driving anything else. loved the dukes show. and every time i go to an event, i expect to see a general there. one of the first cars i will check out. done correctly they are sharp cars that are my favorite body style  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Back N Black

WOW! if this is the biggest thing you guys have going on  in your life, no worries. Seriously who gives a rats ass what color you paint you car. I could start a new thread next week on the same topic, and the same people same stories.

68coronetGLwannabe

Really didn't have anything better to do today. Like I said earlier these GL threads seem to always go bad. If somebody doesn't like my car that's fine. Its just amazing that people call you out about owning a General Lee sit there and run it down and then call you a crybaby. I have met a lot of people That feel they must voice there opinion and bash others to make themselves feel better.
"That's us in 10 years".

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: Back N Black on February 19, 2011, 10:50:29 PM
WOW! if this is the biggest thing you guys have going on  in your life, no worries. Seriously who gives a rats ass what color you paint you car. I could start a new thread next week on the same topic, and the same people same stories.

I agree who cares about the color. It not usually the General Lee Guys that start these threads. I learned my lesson fast when I first came here after posting about building a General.
"That's us in 10 years".

c00nhunterjoe

I bought my car because of DOH. But in the end its just paint making it no different from any othe charger that has been repainted a color other then your origonal color. I don't understand why people hate genera lee replicas so much. They look down on an orange car with a sticker on the roof but think a tubbed and caged charger with a blower stuck through the hood is ok.......  I try to steer clear of these threads because I hate thebashing GL owners get. When someone asks me "are you going to paint it orange" I respond with "damned right!" My car used to be a general lee in the 80's and it will be one again.  

skip68

This is a good thread to show how times change and how a car from a tv show can make some of us fall in love with it for life.  We all know how Brock and some others feel about GL's and that's fine.  They don't offend me because they don't like what I did with my car.  My skin is thick and I understand that they don't hate me because of my car.  I want them to hate me for the right reasons.  Hahaha.  I find it's crazy how this stupid car can make some so happy and others so mad.   ??? 

G-man

If it wasnt for dukes of hazard I dont think the Charger would be as popular as it is today. And besides, Orange seems to suit Chargers perfectly.

GL all the way!

All the guys here with GL's (though I am not making mine a GL) U got beautiful cars and you should be proud. Those that think its stupid... dont paint yours like a GL. Simple.

I think going with black etc. is stupid as it aint original. Guess I better hate on all black chargers now  :smilielol:

You get the idea.... ITS REDICULOUS

Richard Cranium

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on February 19, 2011, 08:16:30 PM
This turned into every other General Lee thread. I hope you are all happy. I got so angry at this thread I tore the door of my Mobil home kicked the hound dog. Got my mullet  stuck in the seat belt when I jumped through the window of my General, spilled my PBR and held it right to the floor. Oh and burned myself on my half burned Marlboro. Now my first cousin is mad at me because our first child was conceived in the back seat of the General, and my wife is mad because I bleed on her rebel flag bikini top! Not to mention I am gonna be on TV (Cops) in a wife beater t-shirt :paintingpink: :buff:

By chance, did you pen these lyrics?   :lol:

My house burned down in a flash of thunder.
My wife ran off with a one-legged plumber.
My crops fell dead when the riverbed went dry.
My dog got squashed by a pickup truck.
My son ran away and got hooked on drugs.
My daughter's knocked up by the class of '85.

People say that life is good;
It don't seem good to me.
I'm lost without a paddle,
And I'm headed up shit creek.
People say that life is fun,
But I don't know why.
As far as I can tell,
LIFE SUCKS then you die.

The government dumps its toxic waste
Right on top of my mother's grave.
A team of experts say it won't do her no harm.
But my sheep went crazy and killed my mule.
I cut off my dick with a power tool
Fixin' the hole where the meteor hit the barn.
(And it hurt, too!)

People say that life is good,
But I just piss and moan.
I got one foot on a banana peel,
The other in the Twilight Zone.
But I don't know why.
As far as I can tell,
LIFE SUCKS then you die.

Let me hear some "yee-hah"s out there!

I went to the store to buy some shells.
My gun went off and blew the owner to hell.
Now I'm sittin' here in jail, singin' this song.
And one guy wants to cut me with a knife.
Another guy wants me to be his wife.
Hey, I wish they'd hang me before somethin' really goes wrong!

People say that life is good,
Give thanks for what you have.
When all you have is nothin',
Nothin' makes you glad.
But I don't know why.
As far as I can tell,
LIFE SUCKS, then you die.
I said, people say that life is fun,
But I don't know why.
As far as I can tell,
LIFE SUCKS,
LIFE SUCKS
LIFE SUCKS, then you die.

I am Dr. Remulac

moparstuart

i used to really like them but there can be too much of anything ,  over load.
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

clanton

GL owners are so sensative. Next show you go to, scatter a bunch of egg shells around your car  :pity:
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

skip68

One thing I find funny is people call these cars trailer trash cars.  Truth is a GL is the last thing you would expect to find in a trailer park.   Bottom line is it's just a toy.     

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Patronus

wow, some of you dudes are nuts! A simple yes or no would suffice.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

nvrbdn

yep, beer is good. i usually drink michelob ultra.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

clanton

Quote from: skip68 on February 19, 2011, 09:48:57 PM
This is why I don't read much of the jenny lee threads.   I do enjoy my GL but it's really a charger and that's what I love.  I'm not a die hard DOH fan and it's all I live for kind of guy.  If I was, I would be a member of one of those web sites.  I'm on a Charger site because that's what my car is.  These threads turn bad because of the few cry babies that feel the need to bag on your choice of car looks. This site is for Chargers and to share and help others. Will I be cool and fit in better once I paint my car a more popular color ?.  Will other GL owners hate me because I changed my car ?.  I think not.  CRYING ? WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ? ???.  You ass#h%s are complaining about our cars and if we get mad and respond WE are the ones crying ?.  Here's the deal with that. "You're making fun of my car like a little punk".  Now, you will say I'm crying just like I will say you're a little punk a$$ Bit*#.  Does that make sense cupcakes ?. 

skip68 says he lost his sense of humor  :pity:
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Bob T

Old Dog, Old Tricks.