News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW? Edelbrock Alum RPM 84cc complete 440 heads

Started by skip68, February 18, 2011, 10:53:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

A guy has a pair of complete Eddy RPM 84cc 440 heads like new with only Dyno time on them.  I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT THEY ARE WORTH ?
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

red79

a new pair is just under $1,500 out of the box. there's some value added if the machinist went through them before they ran and there's some value lost since they were on the dyno. probably a wash imo.

greenpigs

If they were just bolted on & didn't have any work done to them then I guess $1250 or so. :shruggy: If you know they only had that much time on them then maybe a bit more but they still are used and some people will pay a little more just to get new heads.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

1Bad70Charger

Quote from: greenpigs on February 18, 2011, 08:13:18 PM
If they were just bolted on & didn't have any work done to them then I guess $1250 or so. :shruggy: If you know they only had that much time on them then maybe a bit more but they still are used and some people will pay a little more just to get new heads.

I agree, I bought mine off Moparts from a member who had them BRAND NEW in the box for $1,250 shipped, and you should be able to get them in that price range or up to $1,350 I would grab them.  :cheers:
48 year old Self Employed Trial Lawyer (I fight the ambulance chasers); 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner A12 Tribute Car, Built 505ci; Silver 2008 Hemi Dodge Challenger SRT8, Black 2006 Corvette Z06 427ci LS7-Keep God First, Family Second and Horsepower Third.  Interests:  God, Fast American Cars (old and new), Classic Muscle Cars, German Sheperds, Guns, Animals and the Great Outdoors (sick of Chicago).

68pplcharger

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

elacruze

I like used heads better than brand new, assuming they have not been modified or damaged. My reason is that in every aluminum head I've checked (not E-RPMs BTW) the valve seats have moved around a little (or a lot) after first hard use. If my own heads were brand new, I'd remove them after 1000 miles or so and touch up the valve seats. Alternatively, you can just do a leakdown test when new, near-new and afterwards to keep track of any valve/seat misalignment.

Valve/seat Concentricity and parallelism are horsepower and longevity.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

redmist

I got my set from summit over christmas for $1250 Shipped!  on sale.
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

1Bad70Charger

Quote from: skip68 on February 19, 2011, 12:42:43 AM
Yes, they are on craigslist for $1250.

GOOD price, someone should grab them they won't last with Springtime/car season rapidly approaching!  :cheers:
48 year old Self Employed Trial Lawyer (I fight the ambulance chasers); 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner A12 Tribute Car, Built 505ci; Silver 2008 Hemi Dodge Challenger SRT8, Black 2006 Corvette Z06 427ci LS7-Keep God First, Family Second and Horsepower Third.  Interests:  God, Fast American Cars (old and new), Classic Muscle Cars, German Sheperds, Guns, Animals and the Great Outdoors (sick of Chicago).

greenpigs

My guess is this was when they had the 15% discount, which lasted a few weeks.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Ghoste

skip68

I was just thinking I would pass the info on if they are a good deal.