News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chrysler at Carlisle

Started by snagm z, February 16, 2011, 07:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris G.

Quote from: ODZKing on May 06, 2011, 09:55:46 PM
I finally heard back today and I am very proud to say we have been selected to be part of the Carlisle Events' Invitational display at the Carlisle Chrysler Nationals, of first generation Chargers. My 67 will be in building "T" all weekend. Considering all the crappy luck we've had in the past few months, this was welcome news!!! I am psyched!    :boogie:

Nice  :2thumbs:  They will treat you good in the "T". 4 days under the roof is always nice.

resq302

I finally heard back today and I am very proud to say we have been selected to be part of the Carlisle Events' Invitational display at the Carlisle Chrysler Nationals, of first generation Chargers. My 67 will be in building "T" all weekend. Considering all the crappy luck we've had in the past few months, this was welcome news!!! I am psyched!    :boogie:

Congrats!!!!!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

NHCharger

Quote from: Richard Cranium on March 26, 2011, 05:05:47 PM
You will al be graced with my presence

Thanks for the warning :lol:

BrianZ- There were several vendors at the show selling AMD stuff. The only one that I remember that carried a big supply was Stephen's Performance. If your going I would definitely contact a few AMD suppliers to see if they're going to the show and pre-order your parts, one less thing to worry about.

I'll be there with my 71. Probably spend the entire show looking for parts for the 68.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

brianz426

Quote from: NHCharger on May 10, 2011, 06:05:05 PM
Quote from: Richard Cranium on March 26, 2011, 05:05:47 PM
You will al be graced with my presence

Thanks for the warning :lol:

BrianZ- There were several vendors at the show selling AMD stuff. The only one that I remember that carried a big supply was Stephen's Performance. If your going I would definitely contact a few AMD suppliers to see if they're going to the show and pre-order your parts, one less thing to worry about.

I'll be there with my 71. Probably spend the entire show looking for parts for the 68.

Thanks, I'll look in last years program to get some ideas on vendors to call for this year. :2thumbs:

Just 6T9 CHGR

I finally heard back today and I am very proud to say we have been selected to be part of the Carlisle Events' Invitational display at the Carlisle Chrysler Nationals, of first generation Chargers. My 67 will be in building "T" all weekend. Considering all the crappy luck we've had in the past few months, this was welcome news!!! I am psyched!    :boogie:

Just caught this...very cool :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

4cruzin

So what hotel is everyone staying at?  :scratchchin:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

ODZKing

We are staying a couple exits up in Mechanicsburg at the Ramada. (3 nights) $71, $87 & $87 = $245 as apposed to the place we've stayed at for years which was up to $550 for the same.    :brickwall:   Enough was enough ... they raised the price - well, cause they can!

y3chargerrt

I'll be at the Days Inn Carlisle off of College Street. I have reserved 3 rooms with 2 beds in each. I wont use the third room for sure. Its $135.00 a night. I stayed there last year and thought it was reasonable for being 3 miles from the fairgrounds. If anyone wants to take the reservation for the 3rd room let me know.

Topher

Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

Just 6T9 CHGR

Ill be there with the '69 this year in the Fun Field....staying at the Hotel Germain
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chris G.

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 27, 2011, 06:38:36 PM
staying at the Hotel Germain

That's "tentative" depending on how the Ford show goes.  ;)

I sure won't miss those $150 rooms.

bobs66440

Old Moparz

Ill be there with the '69 this year in the Fun Field....staying at the Hotel Germain

:lol:

You know you have to park in the lot across the street from the Hotel Germain in between the golf driving range & the batting cages with no fence or nets, right?
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Old Moparz on May 28, 2011, 12:18:26 PM

:lol:

You know you have to park in the lot across the street from the Hotel Germain in between the golf driving range & the batting cages with no fence or nets, right?

Nope....plenty of room in the onsite garage ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Chris G. on May 27, 2011, 07:55:48 PM
staying at the Hotel Germain

That's "tentative" depending on how the Ford show goes.  ;)

I sure won't miss those $150 rooms.

Dont you worry....they'll want ME back every year!! :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

NHCharger

I'm staying at the Motel 6 in Carlisle. Not the cleanest place, but it's right behind Bob Evan's Restaurant so I can walk to breakfast. It also has parking for truck/trailers which is nice since I'm trailer my 71 down this year. Only reason I'm trailering is that I'm parts shopping for the 68 plus swapping some bumpers with Tri-City Plating. 
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

70rr 69ch

I'll be there hope to bring the charger.went last year for the first time with kamcuda,best weekend ever.hope to get Bo to sign my car.does anyone know the guy who played the bagpipes at the end of the show,it was the perfect end to the day. :cheers:

Old Moparz

Quote from: Troy on February 16, 2011, 10:18:53 AM
Club name should be dodgecharger.com. Don't use D-C.com or DC.com or we don't get credit.

I don't know about gatherings or cookouts yet. I guess the planning should get started some time soon.

Troy

Just registered yesterday for the show under the dodgechager.com name, the last day for the discounted preregistration.  Now I have to decide if I'm getting a room or dragging the camping trailer.   :shruggy:

Troy, has the Carlisle Fairgrounds ever kept track & told you of how many members used the site for a club name?
               Bob                

Brightyellow69rtse

maybe ill go finally this year. ill have to sleep in my car lol.

71ChallengeHer

I'm going but Shelby and I go home every nite.  :D

bill440rt

I pre-reg'd jut this past Sunday night, made the early deadline in the nick of time.
I used BOTH this 'site and the '70 Registry as club affiliations.

I'd LOVE to stay at the comfy Hotel Germain, but I'm goin' for broke at the Quality Inn with others.  :D
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Old Moparz

Quote from: bill440rt on June 07, 2011, 09:09:03 PM

I pre-reg'd jut this past Sunday night, made the early deadline in the nick of time.
I used BOTH this 'site and the '70 Registry as club affiliations.

I'd LOVE to stay at the comfy Hotel Germain, but I'm goin' for broke at the Quality Inn with others.  :D

I wonder if we can get enough members to just follow Chris to the Hotel Germain, hang the DC.com banner over the front door & set up the lunch meet in the front yard?   :lol:
               Bob                

4cruzin

Troy, has the Carlisle Fairgrounds ever kept track & told you of how many members used the site for a club name?

They do keep track as I check on the number for the cuda-challenger.com site.  We had 15 in 2010 and 14 in 2009.  Not very close to the needed 25 which is why I suggested that the 2 sites work together and both could have free tents every year. 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Old Moparz

Quote from: 4cruzin on June 08, 2011, 03:35:55 PM

They do keep track as I check on the number for the cuda-challenger.com site.  We had 15 in 2010 and 14 in 2009.  Not very close to the needed 25 which is why I suggested that the 2 sites work together and both could have free tents every year. 

Okay, so which one sounds better, the DCCC.com tent group, or the CCDC.com tent group? And where do we put the tent, by the Chargers, the E-Bodies, or on neutral ground near the Fiats?   :lol:
               Bob                

Chris G.

Quote from: 4cruzin on June 08, 2011, 03:35:55 PM

Yup, we had 20 last year, but because we are so awesome, we got a tent "on the house".  :P

As far as the Hotel Chris G. BBQ...I met with my 2 person committee last week, and they nixed it for this year. Their main focus was the cheapskates just showing up to grub all the food. I won't mention who they are, but you can meet and greet them both at Carlisle this year. They will even sign your shirt if you want.  :slap: Oh and I ain't on the committee, I just follow with what they decide.

And Bob, hanging a dc.com banner in front of a '70 Registry house? Ain't gonna happen. Maybe the backside... ;)

Bill, if I had trailer parking, you would be in like flyn (or whatever that is).