News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is the most NOTEWORTHY car you have ever owned?

Started by Ghoste, January 29, 2011, 10:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OneofNoneRT

Quote from: terrible one on January 30, 2011, 08:44:02 PM
Quote from: OneofNoneRT on January 30, 2011, 08:26:24 PM
The one I own now by far.. :coolgleamA:

I remember the thread on your car. VERY cool and just as interesting!

Thanks.. Life got in the way.. This year is looking better.. SHOULD BE STARTED AGAIN SOON..STAY TUNED.. :yesnod:
1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

terrible one

Quote from: OneofNoneRT on January 30, 2011, 08:47:59 PM
Quote from: terrible one on January 30, 2011, 08:44:02 PM
Quote from: OneofNoneRT on January 30, 2011, 08:26:24 PM
The one I own now by far.. :coolgleamA:

I remember the thread on your car. VERY cool and just as interesting!

Thanks.. Life got in the way.. This year is looking better.. SHOULD BE STARTED AGAIN SOON..STAY TUNED.. :yesnod:

Looking forward to it and good luck  :2thumbs:

stripedelete

Aero426

Quote from: adauto on January 29, 2011, 11:33:48 AM
I've owned noteworthy but NOT in a good way. There was a very tragic hiway accident here some years ago (that made national news). A piece of metal feel off of a scrap truck and got wedged under a Dodge caravan. The gas tank got punctured, the metal piece was throwing sparks. You can guess what happended next. At hiway speed imagine..... an intense explosion/fireball going up through the floor of the van.... full of kids. It was aminister and his family. Seven kids as I recall but I'm going back maybe 15-20 years by now. I think the parents and one child survived. The van ended up at my shop. 90% burned with a hole in the center of the floor about 3 feet around.  

People with classic rides think going to the J yard is just all fun and games and a good time. Unfortunately recyclers get the remnants of dramatic occurances sometimes...... and I ended up owning it

I remember the story well.   That is an incident I will never forget.   

moparstuart

Quote from: adauto on January 29, 2011, 11:33:48 AM
I've owned noteworthy but NOT in a good way. There was a very tragic hiway accident here some years ago (that made national news). A piece of metal feel off of a scrap truck and got wedged under a Dodge caravan. The gas tank got punctured, the metal piece was throwing sparks. You can guess what happended next. At hiway speed imagine..... an intense explosion/fireball going up through the floor of the van.... full of kids. It was aminister and his family. Seven kids as I recall but I'm going back maybe 15-20 years by now. I think the parents and one child survived. The van ended up at my shop. 90% burned with a hole in the center of the floor about 3 feet around.  

People with classic rides think going to the J yard is just all fun and games and a good time. Unfortunately recyclers get the remnants of dramatic occurances sometimes...... and I ended up owning it

It took me a bit to find a link to the story/I realize this is a bit far from the original intent of this posting SORRY. But it did change lots of regulations in haulingscrap/junk cars!
http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/news_columnists_ezorn/2005/10/column_ryan_jus.html
We get quite a few cars in with bio harzard decals posted all over them .  Mostly full of blood stains but sometimes chunk of meats .  Very disturbing   :rotz: :rotz: :rotz:    We strip them of all usable parts and crush them fast .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

gtx6970

Car is long gone.
1969 Road Runner 426 Hemi 4 speed. The thing that  makes it noteworty. is it was a 99 Rallye green 4 speed car. and the last time I 'ck'd it was the only 4 spd hemi car known in that color

hemi68charger

The most note-worthy would have to be the one in the picture just to the left..........   :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Iceyone

Mine would have to be my 70 Bee for the reason I bought it in the first place. Factory, AC, PW, PS, Power Disc brakes, 3 speaker dash, 8-track, FK5/FK5. To bad it's only a 383 with auto on the column.
68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

rp23g7

HMMM, noteworthy?  probably my 64 Custom 880.  My parents bought it new, and in 45 yrs of driving and going to car shows, I have seen 1 other one that used to run around Bellevue Wa, a tan one, with a dent in the rear, one in a garage in Kent Wa.  We sod the car in 89, and in 94 I saw it again, and havent seen it since then.

I have never seen another one anywhere else  since then either.  I had a 65 Custom 880 and have never seen another one of them either.

Brock Samson

i inherited my mom's '66,.. four door hardtop 880 custom... when i was 18, I didn't have it too long but I loved that 'ol tank!  :yesnod:

rp23g7

Quote from: Brock Samson on February 04, 2011, 11:33:23 PM
i inherited my mom's '66,.. four door hardtop 880 custom... when i was 18, I didn't have it too long but I loved that 'ol tank!  :yesnod:

A 66?  Wasnt the last yr for 880's 65?  I miss the old tank too, never let me down.

charger490

back in 1948 i had a 1932 chev. one day i heard a noise coming from the engine so my father said it was the bearing.  so i took off the pan and took out the rod caps off the piston rods.it had babbit bearing in it and i had to put new ones in. i put them in turned the engine over and took them off took a knife and cut off the high spots and put them back in agian. i had to do it 4 times before they fit right.

LeeBoy

My 68 Charger 318 2bbl 3 speed on the column. Supposedly 3 known to exist. It's sitting in the garage waiting for resto. It will be a 440 4 speed when completed
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)