News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AAM on RedLetterDodge....thanks to DodgeCharger.com

Started by TexasStroker, January 24, 2011, 07:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasStroker

http://www.redletterdodge.com/2011/01/24/dodge-goes-%e2%80%9cgreen%e2%80%9d/#more-7069

I had alluded to this in thread for the HEMI Highway Tour stop in Amarillo and made sure to get a plug in my comment...

It was just a little over a year ago when I was passing a cold day skimming thru DodgeCharger.com (probably on the aftermarket gauges in the stock cluster (which I am still working on btw, lol)) and stumbled upon Scott's post about "What Mopar Car Clubs Want to See from Dodge."

With it being cold and not much going on I figured what the heck...turned out to be a good decision!

We all had a great time with Scott and Heather on the HHT and really enjoyed getting to check out the 2011s.  I wrote in on behalf of all the people sandwiched between the coasts that don't usually get much attention...amazingly the folks at Dodge were receptive to this and Scott and Heather slated a stop with Amarillo Area Mopars on a Saturday!  It turned out to be cold and very windy, but hey...it was awesome nonetheless!

We had a lot of folks jet right after Scott and Heather wrapped up their presentations so we didn't get a group shot (we planned to take one from the roof...had several 68-74s on hand fwiw).  With that being the case Scott shot a few of the Charger...which kind of got ruined with me in the pics, lol.  I can honestly say though, that old Charger has taken me places and opened the door for me to meet some great people over the past decade and I wouldn't trade it for anything!  I know that is likely the same for most everyone here...they really are special cars  :coolgleamA:

The plug I got in isn't much, but it was this very forum back at the turn of last year (basically right after I drove thru the spilt gallon of oil based paint  :icon_smile_blackeye:) where I saw the post and responded...I had no clue it would come to fruition and much less that the HHT would come thru Amarillo, but a lot of the credit goes to this board and the ol' Charger  :yesnod: 

If anyone has been following along and was getting tired of the late model stuff you now have a DC.com member with a 69 to finish out the coverage!  I will post up some pics and videos later on...it really was a cool deal and I hope that Dodge will continue this sort of thing (even if they don't pass thru our neck of the woods for awhile).

Like I said, without the Charger and without this great board I probably wouldn't have found the post...

Thanks DodgeCharger.com  :2thumbs:
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!