News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brought Home my new 68 RT

Started by DC_1, January 01, 2006, 02:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC_1

Well I brought home the 68 RT I picked up yesterday (New Years Eve) I got up and left Toronto at 5:30 am to get to Windsor where I bought the car, by 9:00 am.Usually a 3.5 to 4 hr drive but because we were getting snow there were a few accidents and then i got behind the snow plows. Didn't get there till 10 am. I picked a bad day weather wise. I was suppose to get a buddy's brother enclosed trailerbut of course the day before we can't get a hold of him so I had to go to plan "B". ......U-Haul and a big tarp.

I put the tarp on the trailer first then drove the car on it and wrapped it the best i could to make it relatively water tight. Of course I got rain and at times blizzard conditions the entire way home. Saw several car in the ditch yet idiots continue to rip past me on icy road conditions. It was a white knuckle ride the whole way home.

She is warm inside the garage now and I am dying to take it for a ride.......it will have to wait though.

Here are some picks

DC_1

more

golden73

Thats a nice lookin 68, congrats on your score!

Got any under hood pics, or interior pics?

DC_1

i haven't taken the under hood shots off my camera yet......i will post them later today

2fast4u

Beautiful Charger Sydmoe!!      :2thumbs:

Gonna have to change your avatar now....huh!  ;)
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

DC_1

Quote from: 2fast4u on January 01, 2006, 02:37:09 PM

Gonna have to change your avatar now....huh! ;)

I still have the 69......although getting this sure demotivates me getting work done on that car now. I don't know who you guys with multiple projects do it. I nnever seem to have enough time to work on the car.

THE CHARGER PUNK

nice car, white interiors always look GREAT :icon_smile_big:-MATT

oldschool_muscle

- Tim
1973 Charger

moparsons

Dennis

Nice car.   Congrats.   I'm jealous...

Silver R/T

looks awesome, how much did you pick it up for. Nice ride
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

71Charger500

Beautiful i love 68's.  Id change the wheels but other than that its awesome.
1971 Charger 500 383 mod...
Takin' names on the open road.

8WHEELER

Congrats, yep the days of driving 6hrs each way in the snow and ice are over for me and my charger.
Good luck with the car  ;D
Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Blusmbl

Gorgeous!  Hope the tarp flapping around didn't hurt the paint.  My Caddy is sitting outside with a tarp on it, and the tarp has worn through my wonderful spraycan paint job.   Oh well, time to spend another $7 at Meijers to repaint the whole car. :D
Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

Beep Beep Dave

Very nice looking car...I love the colour combo!
Best of luck with it!!! Hopefully I will see it at some of the Ontario Mopar shows!

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

Charger_Fan

Great lookin' Charger, Man! Congrats! :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

jaak

chargervert

Thats one sweet 68! Good luck with it!

69charger2002

i feel partially responsible for your purchase of that 68 R/T.. with all my EXPERTISE opinion and all. damn i'm good. kidding. i love it and i think you made a wise decision
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

derailed

Great car, I think that was a very reasonable asking price for that car given the condition judging by the pics :2thumbs:

Shakey

Congrats Sydmoe!

Great looking car!  As Dave had said, maybe we'll see you around this summer.

viper r/t

firefighter3931

Nice car !  :drool5: Luv them steelies  :thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

DC_1

Quote from: 69charger2002 on January 02, 2006, 02:48:10 AM
i feel partially responsible for your purchase of that 68 R/T..

Then when I start poking around more and start to find flaws I didn't see before the purchase I will blame you!!!!!!!..........hehehehe

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T