News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4 speed wiring help

Started by poppa, January 18, 2011, 10:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppa

According to my diagram,the harness from the trans goes to the bulkhead to "C" & "Z". On the dash side, "Z" is empty and "C" appears to got to #4 in the body harness I'm guessing to the reverse lights. It also says the other wire goes to "D" which,on the dash side ,goes to the radio. Why does it go to the radio and what is the purpose of "Z" which goes nowhere??? Is this for the reverse light on the dash? If you don't have a headache after reading this ,thank you. If you do it's Johnny's fault. :D
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

A383Wing

yea..I got a headache now...

reverse lights have to get power from somewhere..my guess is it gets power from radio wire...

on my 66, reverse light power is from wiper switch, goes through bulkhead connector, down firewall to trans, back up firewall to bulkhead connector, then through body harness to reverse lights.

poppa

Anyone have a pic of the console harness for a 4 speed??
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

A383Wing

it's the same for an auto..except the purple wire lops back around and into the harness again