News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Little help, please re rims/wheels

Started by ChevyHeston, January 13, 2011, 08:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChevyHeston

I have a Black 2008 Charger R/T and am looking for a new set of black rims (and wheels). I went online and found about 3,423 sites that sell 'em and am a bit confused.

Some questions:

Is there a specific site one of you can recommend?

Also, are there particular brands that anyone can recommend?

Am I better off having the rims and wheels shipped to a body shop to install or to my car dealership?

Also, I was told that I shouldn't get anything bigger than 20" wheels because it could affect the way my car drives - any advice on this?

As u can tell, I don't know a lot (read: anything) about this topic, so any help you guys can provide would be GREATLY appreciated.

THANKS!

chargerrt

We don't like new Chargers.

Actually, some of us do.

Patronus

Dodge didn't make a charger in 2008, only 4 door Coronets  :eek2:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

red79

Patronus

true, the Coronet is a worthy car. Cordobas it is!  :angel:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Back N Black

Hi,
Can't really help you out with the rims but welcome to the site.  :2thumbs:

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

Lord Warlock

You'll find that the new chargers may have rims in the 18" or 20" size,  if you go larger than stock, you'll have to recalibrate your speedometer or it won't register correctly (same applies to getting smaller wheels) you can buy a handheld predator tuner that will let you adjust this parameter so it registers correct. 

you can go to the chargerforumz.com site, or the www.challengertalk.com or www.challengerforumz.com and take a look to see what they recommend.  If it fits on a challenger, it will fit on a charger.  There are lots of different wheels that people like to install on their new mopars, its best to find a set that you like the looks of, its even better to look at the new charger forum and see what wheels others have installed and pick a set that has the look you are going for. 

I can understand why the folks here don't appreciate the new charger, as i own a 69 RT/SE Charger, and i bought a new challenger R/T rather than a charger, because i just couldn't sell out and buy a 4 door car with a charger nameplate.  But the new ones have a good following and are owned by some pretty nice folks.  I'm a member of the challengerforumz (they call it the Z), you'll find it educational. 

LW
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.