News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger Bucket Seat Height

Started by mike337, January 13, 2011, 07:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike337

I bought of set of Corbeau seats to install in my 69 Charger.

I did a test fit last weekend by installing the passenger seat and mounting bracket into the car.  I do not even have carpeting in the car, and found that when I tried to sit in the seat that my head hit the headliner.  I know that I am tall (6'4") but I've had a Charger before and did not have this problem.

Can someone with a 68-70 Charger do me a favor and measure the height from the floor to the upper front edge of the seat bottom and let me know what it is?

Corbeau swears that I am the first person to run into this problem.

Thanx,
Mike

WHITE AND RED 69

I also have a set of corbeau seats and they do sit at around the same height but with the new seat there is so little give compared to the 3-4 inches I would sink in the old stock seats. Mine also felt high when I first got them and thought about cutting an inch out of the bracket but then I got used to it and the foam started to break in so it feels better now. With the foam broken in I sit maybe an inch lower than when I first got them. Does corbeau sell a lower profile bracket? If so maybe they might do an exchange? I will try to measure my old seats from the bottom of the bracket to the bottom of the seat when I get home.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

mike337

I have contacted them and they have offered to reconfigure the brackets I have, or make new ones if needed.  They have left it up to me to mark the brackets for the height adjustment.  I just want to make sure that I get them somewhere near where they should be, so I asked about original seat height.  I got a set of the Sport Seats, in leather, and then had the covers removed, embroidered, and reinstalled. how about you?

Mike

Mike DC

This is not the answer you're looking for.  But I wonder why are you sweating the stock height at all.  Why not just put the Corbeau seats at whatever height really suits your body the best, and go with it?

mike337

I know that the geometry/ergonomics work on the orginal seat height.  Also too low may interfere with the center console or seat belt alignment.

WHITE AND RED 69

Those sport seats look comfy. I went with the leather GTS 2 with suede inserts.

Sorry for the late reply. the height from the floor to the edge is approx. 11.5"   :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

mike337

So is that the height of the GTS seats, or original seats?

Mike

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: mike337 on January 16, 2011, 12:09:11 AM
So is that the height of the GTS seats, or original seats?

Mike

That is for the original seats.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

mike337

Here is a pic of the seat.  Even though the height is comparable with the stock seat height you indicate, I think that I'm going to have to drop the seat at least an inch so my melon doesn't hit the headliner.  I'm going to grab the center console out of storage and put it in place to check clearances.

Thanx,

Mike