News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who Rents Car Trailers In San Francisco Area?

Started by 70sixpkrt, December 31, 2005, 06:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sixpkrt

Does anyone know? I am trying to stay away from U-Haul. I made my reservations for MATS already and want to bring my car down there.

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

bull

Not to contest you but why not U-Haul? A few weeks ago I rented one of their car haulers to haul my Charger and it worked pretty well. I think it was about $40 for 24 hrs. But you have to stay at 45 mph or less so freeway trips are out.

Troy

Quote from: bull on January 01, 2006, 10:18:54 AM
Not to contest you but why not U-Haul? A few weeks ago I rented one of their car haulers to haul my Charger and it worked pretty well. I think it was about $40 for 24 hrs. But you have to stay at 45 mph or less so freeway trips are out.
If you load it evenly you can go significantly faster. :D

I used to rent trailers from U-Haul all the time because of convenience and price. I have since found a local trailer store that rents everything from utility trailers to 28' enclosed car haulers. The price is actually cheaper than U-Haul if you rent for more than 1 day and you get a real 20' open car hauler. You may want to dig out the Yellow Pages and start searching for the larger trailer retailers and ask.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

DC_1

I have rented U-Hauls alot and have had no problem. THey are damn convienent if you are going to pick up a car a far distance away because you can drive down with out the trailer and get one locally fo rthe trip back.

THE CHARGER PUNK

why not drive the charger isnt that what they were meant for, to be driven and driven HARD!!! :icon_smile_big:-MATT

70sixpkrt

I have heard of some bad things about U-haul like maintenance issues.  They are $50 a day. I have found one called www.saratogatrailers.com They are about an hour away from my house.  I would like to drive it down there, but the wife will not because she said it would be an uncomfortable ride. The ride is about 11-12 hours long.

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

bull

Quote from: 70sixpkrt on January 02, 2006, 01:40:12 AM
I have heard of some bad things about U-haul like maintenance issues.   They are $50 a day. I have found one called www.saratogatrailers.com They are about an hour away from my house.   I would like to drive it down there, but the wife will not because she said it would be an uncomfortable ride. The ride is about 11-12 hours long.

That is something you have to keep an eye on with U-Haul. I discovered the trailer I rented had one near-flat and four low tires on it after I loaded the Charger. Fortunately I have a compressor in my garage. :rotz: