News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

All good but... (yea yea there is always a but :p)

Started by G-man, January 12, 2011, 07:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-man

Hi

After getting the windscreen sealed up on my 68 charger I thought that would be the end of the messing around... well... power steering box and power steering pump both need an entire rebuild because both are leaking and the powersteering pump gets so hot the oil boils inside it (could be that the high pressure line is one size too small)...

Well all will be fixed and paid (another 1000 dollars  :brickwall:) next week...

Other than that... we have driven this car 1200miles already, at night, during the day and through heavy rain and the only thing we found was the wiper blades keep sliding out because there are no clips. However this problem is fixed already. There are no other issues with the car other than PS box and pump which will be fixed by tuesday/wednesday which is good.

This car drives great and most people that stop to talk to me are like "wow thats such a good condition" after I tell them the trunk floor and floor pans are still original as are the rest of the body panels they get  :o over how good the condition of this vehicle is. Allen thankyou for the 1000th time  :2thumbs:

Charger_Fan

That's odd about the p/s problem. They do get hot, but I haven't seen one boil the fluid...are you sure it's not just air trapped in the system?

BTW, this thread could use a couple pics. :icon_smile_cool:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

G-man

Every time I want to go buy a digital camera the car needs something so I am always sitting on zero