News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best antifreeze?

Started by b5blue, January 10, 2011, 07:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLG

Summit lists em, go in the cooling section than under radiator caps, click the show all under the psi catagory and you'll see all the pressures available...as for which one fits, I have no idea.

flyinlow

I use a Stant 7 Lbs. lever vent cap and 50/50 prestone/water. 180* thermostat with a 31" aluminum radiator. Works fine, does not push coolant into the catch can.

bill440rt

Mopar Action did a really good article about antifreeze a while back. You might be able to find it archived on their website.

They talked about an ingredient in the better products called "Hoat". Mopar's antifreeze contained it, so did Zerex and Peak.
I'm running Peak 50/50 with distilled water now in my '69, car ran very cool. I'll probably flush out my other cars in the spring, I can't remember the last time I did that.
I was running some kind of 100,000 mile junk in my '70, I wiped out an aluminum water pump in a very short time. I switched to green in that car & a factory pump, no problems since.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

69bronzeT5

I get a great deal on MOPAR brand green antifreeze at work so that's what I'm running in the Duster and the Mustang.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

NMike

pressure in the cooling system is cause by the heat in the engine, not the coolant pump.

Hybrid Organic Additive Technology. good stuff

the reason to change coolant is not so much that i breaks down, but rather the Ph balance. remember back to grade 9 science. dissimilar metal in a like solution cause electrolysis. this make the coolant acidic or alkali. you engine is full of castiron, steel, aluminium.   

i run the VW G12 long life stuff. built in leak tester. if there is a coolant leak, there is a chalky pink trail from where ever the leak comes from. make diagnosis super easy. besides, i have at least 100L of the stuff free from work.

BigBlockSam

Peak & a bottle of Water Wetter works for me  :yesnod:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img