News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Leather SE seat covers worth it?

Started by Bobby41909, December 30, 2010, 11:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby41909

Getting ready to redo the seats in my 69 project and trying to decide if it's worth the added cost to go with the Leather (SE) option.  Anyone have experience with these two sets of covers (vinyl vs. leather with vinyl side skirts)?  From what I've read in here, I plan on getting covers from Legendary and having a professional install them.

Ghoste

A friend of mine did that in his non SE 69 and he loves them for whatever that's worth.  They look and feel fine to me for the few times I've ridden in the car. :shruggy:

Just 6T9 CHGR

How about being really different & going with the C5X black cloth/vinyl seats? :thumbs:

(if you have a black interior that is....)

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Bobby41909

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on December 31, 2010, 09:02:27 AM
How about being really different & going with the C5X black cloth/vinyl seats? :thumbs:

(if you have a black interior that is....)

Like the contrast.....and Yes I am going all black with the interior. 

Just 6T9 CHGR

I wonder if Legendary can make them?  IIRC I think they do
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

twodko

Legendary does make quality leather seat covers. Bobby41909, I'm a hard case in that if the build sheet says leather upholstery that's what goes back in.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Bobby41909

Quote from: twodko on December 31, 2010, 01:12:42 PM
Legendary does make quality leather seat covers. Bobby41909, I'm a hard case in that if the build sheet says leather upholstery that's what goes back in.

No build sheet so mine is what my receipt says.  That's why I am asking... It's all about comfort and looks.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Bobby41909 on December 31, 2010, 04:31:08 PM

No build sheet so mine is what my receipt says. 

ha!  Love that comment :cheers:

I still vote for the C5X covers! 
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

green69rt

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on December 31, 2010, 04:39:30 PM

Got a web site for the C5X covers??

tan top

:slap: went back with new vinyl covers from legendary  ,  for two reasons  :-\ one when i got the charger ! the front  seat  covers had been replaced with vinyl covers by the second owner ! not thats any real excuse  :scratchchin:
two , at the time when i was ordering all the parts , before i started the resto , could not justify spending  dough on leather when i needed to spend soo much  money on other more important stuff , not that i cut corners with anything else !  !  so ordered up a vinyl front & rear  :yesnod:  , thinking now though! all these repoped headrests  might well order the SE  leather for the front  , & have the rear seats recovered in matching leather :scratchchin: :-\   some time in the future   :shruggy: :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

six-tee-nine

I did have a custom leather interior in one of my formal cars and it is really cool to have but I bought the vinyl covers for the resto of my 69. Why I rather shaved on the budget in that way than later on on the engine or the brakes.
My personal meaning is that these cars don't really ask for that kind of interior, unless you're building something extremely customized. And for 3000 miles a year it wasn't worth the extra money.

I will never ever drive a daily car of my own without leather seats tho
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: green69rt on January 01, 2011, 10:44:39 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on December 31, 2010, 04:39:30 PM

Got a web site for the C5X covers??
https://www.legendaryautointeriors.com/webmodules/catcatalog/dtl_allcatalog.aspx?id=AA&make=C&year=69&desc=charger

69 CHARGER CLOTH FRONT BUCKETS BLACK CLOTH/BLACK
AA69CXC0010100

Seat Upholstery
Year: 1969
Make: Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth
Style: Bucket Front Only
UOM: PR
Lead Time (days): 19
Price: $542.00

69 CHARGER CLOTH REAR BENCH BLACK CLOTH/BLACK
AA69CXC0040100

Seat Upholstery
Year: 1969
Make: Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth
Style: Bucket Hardtop Rear Only
UOM: EA
Lead Time (days): 19
Price: $414.00
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jaak

A Charger I parted years ago, had those seats....in fact I still have the seats, thats what I plan on using in my charger (recovered all vinyl though).

Jason

drifter69

My car is also a SE car and I am having legendary do vinyl front and back but I am having the center panels changed to a color that matches the body paint. I wanted to break up all the black on the inside to try and make the inside look a little more interesting.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: drifter69 on January 03, 2011, 02:03:08 PM
My car is also a SE car and I am having legendary do vinyl front and back but I am having the center panels changed to a color that matches the body paint. I wanted to break up all the black on the inside to try and make the inside look a little more interesting.

Cool sorta like my '99 Mustang GT LE's interior?

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

drifter69

Yep, That's what I am going to do. Legendary said its no problem with the 69 seat covers and since I hit them durring there holiday sale the change will just be the regular seat cover price.

Bobby41909

Thanks for the info.  I called Legendary and although the Holiday sale was over, they honored it.  I went with the leather covers, vinyl rear, new foam and back boards.  With the discount it was like I got the leather front's for the price of vinyl so I went with it. 

I do like those cloth ones.... though, my wife likes the leather and since she's still letting me shell out $$$ for this charger, I'll make her happy.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T