News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Scat Pack Bee 1/4 window placement

Started by Ghoste, December 26, 2010, 12:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

It came up not too long ago that someone was asking about 1/4 window Bee decal placement.  I offer the following two pics (both cars are 1970 Challengers) to illustrate that when it comes to decal placement we should always remember that the factory wasn't nearly as anal about it as we are.  Now I fully realize that assembly line sloppiness is not a greenlight to putting things any old place.  I'm just posting this for amusement or reality checking or discussion or whatever bends your gears.

Belgium R/T -68

Thanks Ghoste  :cheers: Think I was one of them asking. :yesnod:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

1969chargerrtse

Yeah so true how back then they were just cars to be driven and things like decal placement was all over the place.  I love to look at original 69 R/T stripe cars and see where the R/T ends up on the rear quarter?  Some are angled back a bit, some the R/T is a little low or high compared to the crease in the rear quarter. Yep that's how bored I can get.  :icon_smile_big:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Alaskan_TA

One of the T/As in the building at Carlisle last July had both of it's original Bees still in place. Both were driver's side Bees.

Someone on the assembly line had to TRY to screw that up since the angle on the guide paper was used to help with placement.

(Yes, the Bee on the passenger side faces backwards on his car)