News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ever got fired?

Started by Silver R/T, August 01, 2005, 10:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on August 03, 2005, 12:04:32 PM
When I was 15 I got booted from Wendy's...I was too slow on the fry cookers. :crazy:

That's the only time I've been fired.

Probably a blessing in disguise though.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Old Moparz on August 03, 2005, 01:36:19 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on August 03, 2005, 12:04:32 PM
When I was 15 I got booted from Wendy's...I was too slow on the fry cookers. :crazy:

That's the only time I've been fired.

Probably a blessing in disguise though.
:iagree: Because who knows, I may have gotten comfortable there & still be dunkin' fries 25 years later! :-\ :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

twilt

Yeah, when i was 14 or 15 (around 1982-3)  i got "fired" by some rich NYC turd who was building a summer home in upstate NY, close to where i lived.
I had been doing painting work on the inside of his new house..  I didnt like painting then..... still dont.  The guy was an extreme tight-wad, but a stupid one at that. becuase he kept hiring/firing contractors, the house ended up costing him twice what it should have. Never could understand why he was building a 1/2 million dollar house but paying teenagers to paint it. He was so tight that when he served us lunch, he took it out of our pay.

SLIKK 70

Right out of High School my buddy got me a job working for a Paint and Body shop he worked at. I knew nothing about painting or masking or bodywork but my buddy told the Boss I was in the same class in school with him. :icon_smile_evil: I had to fake it while the Boss was there until I caught on. Luckily, he was gone most of the time hustling up work. Finally one day after a month of working, we both showed up one Monday morning we noticed 3 new guys working in the shop already.   He said painting 2 cars a day was not enough to keep him in business and he let us both go. This was 30 years ago and he charged $50.00 to straight paint. Needless to say he went broke shortly there after.  :yesnod:

Kern Dog

More than once, less than 10 times.

TK73

"Ever get fired?"

Only when I deserved it...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Fred

NO........................
mind you, the wife nearly gave me the sack once. (or should I say................saw me to the sack)  :smilielol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Fred

oh come on now..............there's always a reason 
as far as the boss is concerned at any rate!!!  :icon_smile_big::nana:

Cooter

Yes, been there, done that, got even....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

moparstuart

I fire my self daily , but for some damn reason i keep coming back .   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Musicman

I got fired from a job one time and one time only, when I was 14. The reason I was fired was unjust and simply not true... not my fault, total bullshit. On the other hand, I did do a lot of other stuff that very same day that I could have easily been fired for if I had been caught but wasn't, so I guess it all evened out. I was a good worker, a great worker in fact, just a bit of hellion... and that chip I was carrying on my shoulder didn't impress supervision one dam bit. :lol:

mauve66

NO, but then i've only had 6 jobs in the past 30+ years so maybe i'm due??
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Tilar

About the same here... 6 jobs since my first one in 1973. I was fired from one job... I'd call it a stepping stone job so it wasn't any big deal. I was working for a construction company that was building an apartment complex. I was running a tractor with a york race and a scraper leveling out around the buildings so they could plant grass and bushes.

Anyway most of the people employed there were wetbacks and every couple weeks they would all get rounded up and shipped back to Mexico, couple days later they were all back again. One of those times one American guy called in and said his car was broke down, so the boss man sent me after him. I got him back to the job site about 5 minutes after starting time. The boss was a real dick most the time, really needed an attitude adjustment. Anyway he told me he was going to dock me 4 hours pay because I was late, even though he sent me after the guy that had the broke down car.

I told him he needed to take a flying leap and stick that tractor up his ass... Guess he didn't like that suggestion.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

69rtse4spd

Never have, been working since I was about 12, 40 years now, one form or another. Only had two major jobs since 78, will be 26 years with G.M. on the 3rd of Feb., time sure dose fly.   

gtx6970

Yes,,,happened in 1986 ,,,one of the best things to ever happen to me.

4cruzin

Does divorce count?   :shruggy:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

mauve66

no, that means you FIRED HER!!
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Fred

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

RallyeMike

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Silver R/T

Quote from: Silver R/T on August 03, 2005, 01:50:38 AM
ya got fired yesterday from trailer company, we were doing trailer assemblies for dump trucks, construction etc. I was working in paint shop (or at least they hired me to work there) but as they couldnt get me test fitted for full face mask (required to paint) they would just have me help around shop and also sent me to body section where I was sanding down primer, bondo etc. Now I got along fine with everyone but there was this 'supervisor' in body shop that is just an ass, even other workers told me that hes an ass and to be on lookout for him. Guess what he goes and tells bigger supervisor (who hired me, he was easy to get along with). At the end of the day the "assvisor" calls me in the office and just lets me go. I went to one that hired me and basically what he told me is that they wanted someone else and just cause I wasnt holding D/A flat. Just for that one thing, (even though I didnt hold D/A at an angle as supposedly 'assvisor' told him). But I didnt feel like arguing with any of them as I knew they wouldnt listen to minor. Basically this assvisor hated me and I knew even if they would let me stay it wouldnt be good as he would be looking at chances to get me again. What an disappointment. Pay wasnt bad, $10 with overtime (4hrs per day overtime) + benefits after 90 day probation. Oh well Ill find something else.

Interesting is that a couple years later a guy from that place came over to where I work currently and worked for a week or so and quit (didn't quite like our standards)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Nwcharger

Been fired a couple times. Just got fired yesterday and seems to be the strangest one yet. There was no reason, flagged good hours, 120 percent productivity average and no comebacks.  :shruggy:
1969 coronet wagon

GOTWING

Yes, it was the best thing that had ever happened.  I was with the last company for 5 years, they called it "restructure" but they were arrogant about letting me go. It was the best thing that has ever happened to me, being where I am today I could not imagine still being at that last job. I have been at this job for 7 years this month and I love coming to work, the people are great, the pay is way more, way better benefits and vacation time etc. I'm in the aircraft business now and love it. :2thumbs: