News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MY RANT ON MEMBERS FOR PROFIT !

Started by skip68, December 18, 2010, 03:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

this is a slippery road your going down, so your going to kick em off the site? then they create a new account and continue. you can't start IP banning people because IP's change all the time, so those IP bans will just bleed over to another person... ban email? in the world of Gmail, yahoo and all the other free email accounts your spinning your tires in the mud.

This is a free site, open for everyone.. there is nothing on this site that says you can't sell anthing because you aren't a active memeber.

Im not saying your consern isn't valid. Im saying there is nothing you can do short of making people a list of names and kepping it up.

All these other ideas people have are going to require coding the functions onto this software.... who's a coder that will write, test, and troubleshoot this for Troy? you cant just flip a switch on the software and come up with funtions that have been talked about.

again, Im not trying to be an asshole, but this is starting to look like "other boards" that keep the members under a microscope and start kicking and banning because they don tlike what they read.

If you have a problem with people flipping, reselling, or whatever, dont sell here. Personally, if I sell something cheap to someone I don't know.... that smy fault, i should have asked for more. it's that simple.

Im making more money selling the parts off my Chevy S-10 parts car then I bought it for, does that make me an ass because the guy I bought it for didn't ask for more? ... ya know I love ya Chuck .... but I think your taking this all a little close to the heart.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

skip68

I see your point about software and stuff.   I think I need to cool down a bit.   This is good to talk like this as we get all points of view.  Even if I don't get what I want with this thread, at least I finally got you to say you love me in public....   hahaha.   Chuck....
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Khyron

;-) that will be my new signature hehehe

I see what your saying though, I think the best way to go about this if to have maybe a MOD keep an eye on things and keep a "List" updated, I would vote for you .... having passion about a board you like is a good thing, don't let anyone tell you different, I'm just pointing things out from the viewpoint of running a few boards of my own ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

squeakfinder

Unfortunately, this is why I think the minimum post count is one, if not the only way you make a difference. You keep out the scammers who are passing through from taking advantage of the situation.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Khyron

that can be done within the confines of the software. You can set the properties of a forum so there is a minimal post count in order to see it or post to it. Problem then would be if there is someone who lurks and is looking to buy a Charger.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

squeakfinder

If somebody doesn't get results, they can go somewhere else. Besides, the rest of us get first pick  :nana:.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

skip68

I know a few members that read alot and really don't post.   I don't want to limit them or anyone just because of a few idiots.  I don't want to limit new members as well.  It's easy for me to say just ban them, limit them or warn them.  But I think a list of names is a good start.  I think the best long term answer will take time and thought to keep things fair for all.  As much as I think my way is right, it still needs to be fair and looked at from all angles for the better of the site.  Not just me or this guy or that guy.  Who knows, maybe nothing will happen.  It was just a mission statement......
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

TUFCAT

skip68

skip68

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on January 07, 2011, 11:56:09 PM
"SHOW ME THE MONEY MEMBERS"

I can't.. I'm broke and am looking for a deal on some cheap parts I can flip to make some coin on.. Can you give me a few days?

nvrbdn

i know this has been said, but again a minimum post count would take away from a guy who is desperate to pay a bill or unload a project he hasnt got the $ to finish having one of us as his friend saying "take it to d.c.com and give those guys a shot" i would agree to posting a "user of all that is evil" list but not a post amount. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

skip68

Troy, I know you are reading this so do me a favor...  If you can, go into my PM's and read the last pm I got about dixie lee fom a foreign member.  There are others as well that are not happy with this guy.....   Chuck.

Khyron

Admins and Mods can not read PM's, you would have to copy it to troy.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

BIGBLCK11

A list is a start.  But, they will probably just create a new account, unfortunately.  The other issue is what about people who use the list for spite.  Another non-auto site I was a member on, uses a +1, +2  or -1 and such feedback system.  But, it requires a mod. to add those to a main list frequently.

skip68

If we can do a list, only the moderators will be able to post.  If I was in charge of the list, I would only post names once the mods agreed.  This keeps it fair.

skip68

I would get a complaint, verify it, bring it before the other mods and then if agreed post the name.

Bobs69

Start a list with their previously known aliases address and phone numbers.

Seen this on another site just today!

skip68

Sorry but one more thing.  I would give a one time warning before going to mods and posting a name

BIGBLCK11

:2thumbs: Those are some good ideas, sounds fair.

Bobs69

Quote from: skip68 on January 08, 2011, 06:20:44 PM
Sorry but one more thing.  I would give a one time warning before going to mods and posting a name

No way!  No warnings nothing!  Screw up once and you're out.  Once a bag bitter....................always a bag bitter.

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

skip68

In the cars wanted section you can see another example of dixie lee's methods.  Look at the ad that JPL posted  "any 68,69,70 in NY?".  You will see dixie lee telling JPL what a good deal a car on Craigslist is.  He's acting like it's not his car but it is.    I don't like the games he plays.

Khyron

i linked to it, I think he was being sarcastic... thats why I linked the add originally.... but if you read the add, the dude wanted a 100% compleate runner for less the $10,000 :lol:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

skip68

All I know is I smell a Hans.   I have heard lots of complaints about this guy.  I've seen his post and how he does stuff and I'm saying it stinks.