News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

why dont you like the new chargers?

Started by Mrs.Caveman, December 17, 2010, 05:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

Quote from: Mrs.Caveman on December 17, 2010, 07:14:19 PM
but still better then the ford,right? :icon_smile_big:
yea, i think so, but not the car we wanted :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Brock Samson

right!                                 :icon_smile_wink:

nvrbdn

i went to a new car show when the charger was being questioned and was just a concept. it was cool, and with some tweaking could be awsome. would someone have the guts to make a great car come back from the dead and be wicked? then we found out that they sold us out and made that.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

SRT-68

As other people have said, what jerked my chain was how different the car was from the concept. That said when it came time to get a car for my wife and new baby, we bought a Charger. I am mopar and so is my wife. There are no other dealerships as far as we are concerned. We would have bought it no matter what they called it and my wife liked the looks of the car. We both enjoyed the car and we only got rid of it to get a SRT8 300.

For me I built the '68 because I wanted both worlds. There has never been a better looking car then the classic Dodge Charger.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Mrs.Caveman on December 17, 2010, 07:06:52 PM
the ford is tougher looking?nooo way!i think the grill is awsome on the charger!the ford is just boring!to each his own,i guess!i would say that ford is an unmarked policecar :hah:

They are actually BOTH Police interceptors   :yesnod: :coolgleamA:

Ford is a classic, timeless design. The Dodge, the car (design) complaints are made for (hence, this thread...)  :cheers:

Mrs.Caveman

i was just about to say that that Chrysler should have just make the exact shape of the '68-'69 with moder handling,engine etc.like Srt-68 did!
why cant they just do that?it was a great success,so why not?

Mrs.Caveman

somehow i would see the bad guys drive the charger and the cops drive the ford just like in the bullit movie!but this time i hope the cops loose :slap:

nvrbdn

i think they said it had alot to do with safety regulations and government interference. cars had to meet certain standards to be built. but they found a way to do the challenger to look pretty cool and stay in the guidelines.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

chargermike

just call it a coronet. 4 doors. but they have grown on me. the r/t is has a nice look. they make cool looking cop cars. but it is a coronet. the challenger is way cooler.

SRT-68

Quote from: Mrs.Caveman on December 17, 2010, 07:27:34 PM
i was just about to say that that Chrysler should have just make the exact shape of the '68-'69 with moder handling,engine etc.like Srt-68 did!
why cant they just do that?it was a great success,so why not?

The 5mph bumpers are the biggest reason. Also the fact that it would be competition for the challenger. Other than that I can't think of a reason. The 2011 charger has some retro features to it but they missed the mark. They could modify the challenger nose, add some hideaway lights, coke bottle the shape and make the tail lights look like a '69. I have seen kits for the new challenger to give it metal bumpers and it looks great. The number of people that give me a thumbs up or come over to the car in gas stations to chat about it, shows how the '68-70 design draws people to it. They are really missing a market here.

Cooter

THIS is the one I was refering to....I'm NOT one to buy a newer car, but this is just badass...No two ways about it..

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: chargermike on December 17, 2010, 07:50:51 PM
just call it a coronet. 4 doors. but they have grown on me. the r/t is has a nice look. they make cool looking cop cars. but it is a coronet. the challenger is way cooler.

Coronet would have been a great name for the car!

And when they came out with a two-door, it could have been the Charger!

As far as cool cop car, Crown Vic takes the cake! Timeless... :drool5:

Brass

I think Monaco would've been best.  Especially appropriate considering the extensive police duty.

SFRT

should been called the Dodge Chum Lee.

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mike Morris

Being a 4 door ruined it for me.....

www.mk3.us/mike

bill440rt

Are we gonna go through this all over again???  :faint:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Mrs.Caveman

Quote from: Cooter on December 17, 2010, 07:58:59 PM
THIS is the one I was refering to....I'm NOT one to buy a newer car, but this is just badass...No two ways about it..

now that's a great looking car :drool5:

myk

Quote from: bill440rt on December 17, 2010, 10:04:00 PM
Are we gonna go through this all over again???  :faint:

It's every coupla' months.  Been happening since '06, or whenever that damn thing came out.  In any case I'll say the same thing I've always said: it'll never be a 2nd gen, the greatest of all Chargers, but I'd proudly drive it...

68blue

Quote from: Brass on December 17, 2010, 06:50:29 PM
Some are sick of the cross-hair grill too.  Here is a rendering of a new Charger concept by one of our members.

Very sharp, I'd be all over that car. Modern cars just don't have that long, flat, coke bottle style. This drawing puts some of that back into what looks like a modern car platform. Nicely done. :2thumbs:

Wicked72

Quote from: Brass on December 17, 2010, 06:50:29 PM
Some are sick of the cross-hair grill too.  Here is a rendering of a new Charger concept by one of our members.

Send the pic Brass put up to chrylser and say this what you should have done Idiots! I like what they made but the name was a big fail thats the only reason why ppl dont like it. Its just wrong. Kinda like they painted a turd and called it a gold bar. Its just a turd with gold paint on it.  They hired a some kids that really dont care about what the name or even know what it means. They just know they have a job, they paid a ton for what ever crap they burp out and thats it. Time to fire some ppl at chrysler... :brickwall:
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

tatrick2me

I think the new Charger for the times. And so far as looks it looks a hell of a lot better than most cars. Oh it out performs and is more comfortable than any Charger before it.
Bone 7

bull

The name "Charger" means a lot to a lot of people and Chrysler whoring the name to sell a sedan that looks nothing like any previous Charger pisses that lot of people off. The name should mean something to them too. It apparently means something to them as it relates to the Challenger but Chrysler's schizophrenic advertising strategy makes no sense to the average person. In short, if they're going to use a name that near and dear to people they should make a car that pays some homage to it, or forget the idea and leave the name alone.

Chatt69chgr

I like the pic Brass put up too.  If they offered that, I'd line up to get one----if it had a hemi in it.  If it only had a V6 that would kill the deal.  I doubt they will ever offer one like this because, as has been said, they think it would compete with the Challenger.  I just don't like the styling of the new one and I don't want four doors.