News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

headlight buckets

Started by montana bird, December 16, 2010, 08:13:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

montana bird

Hi guys, I am getting ready to buy a set of headlight buckets for my superbird clone. I checked all the old posts but this has not been brought up for a few years.  I know Erik nelson makes nice stuff,  but i see that Ron Knifley also makes headlight buckets and there is a big price difference. Eric has his buckets at $750 and Ron at $325. Does any body have any experience with these parts?  Fit, finish , sheet metal thickness.  The price difference goes along ways to buying steel headlight pivots.  As of now I have a daclona nose cone, If that makes a different on fitment and choice. 
Thanks Nathan :popcrn:

daytonalo

The feedback I have received about the first vendor on your list is arguable. I know a few here have bought them

Charger-Bodie

My Erik Nelson buckets and pivots (Along with Janek lids)worked out OK , but I had to do a ton of trimming and die grinding to make them function properly. So if this other guy has stuff thats even remotely as nice you may as well save the cash. Mine were mated to a steel nose with a replacement top panel from Jack M.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

montana bird

Thanks for the info that's more then what i know. I thought dayclona made some of that stuff also but his web site has been down for a week or so, I don't know what is going on there.  What about pivots  is there anybody else now days making them other than Erik and dayclona in steel ?

nascarxx29

Just a guess Jack @ wingcar fab.com Or maybe Gene Gregory
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

nascarxx29

Saw this in my news letter Scott 419-542-8256 repo headlight buckets pivots .Dont know who this vendor is or ever used them to recommend
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Daytona R/T SE

The headlight buckets I got from Erik Nelson were of very poor quality. I made them work, but I'd

have been better off making my own. I waited seven months for him to make these, and I still had

to "Fix" them.  :flame:

The "steel" latch tray I got from him was covered with cracked bondo, Made from very thin metal...

24 gauge? Might be 26 gauge? (It's hard to mic it through the bondo) and in my opinion is good only

for target practice.  :2guns::brickwall: :brickwall:

The skinny head bolts I got from him were nice, though.  :slap:

montana bird

Thanks guys this is the stuff I want to hear. I know this is a clone car but, I dont need junk parts. I bought a steel rear plug and new rear window. poor parts from here out would take away from the good.  I will call that scott tomorrow and talk to him. I will also give that ron a call and see if i can get pics from both places and post them on here for everybody to see. Anybody know of any other source i should check into? :scratchchin:

Charger-Bodie

I also ended up replacing my very poor quality Erik N. Latch tray. I replaced it with one from Gene Gregory. If the rest of Genes stuff is as good as well made as the latch tray He will definately have some nice parts. I would give him a shot too , cause I know he also sells the buckets and Im pretty sure all his parts are stamped instead of hand formed guess work garbage.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............