News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do your neighbors think?

Started by Piston_Freddy, December 13, 2010, 07:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

The nice thing about where I am, is that even though I am still close to many conveniences, the street I am on is almost like being in a semi-secluded, location. It's a dead end street with only 13 houses, including my own. It extends into a large wooded area & my house is the very last one, so I only have one "next door" neighbor who is still about 200 feet away. My next door neighbors like old cars so there has never been a problem. The husband has a 2010 Ram pick up & used to have an Olds 442 many years ago, his wife has a Sebring convertible, loves Mopars, & their 14 year old son isn't interested in cars & could care less.

The rest of the families on my street are all decent people. There are a lot of kids here now all between the ages of 2 & 14. One guy had a '63 Impala for a while, & another has a 66 under a cover. I've been here since 1989 & can only remember one guy, who has since moved away, that would be the type to complain. I'm sure the days I fire up something with the open headers I have a few people wondering what's going on, but it shouldn't bug anyone doing it on a Saturday afternoon. You can't see my house from the rest of the houses so the distance is a factor. I also don't have my yard decorated with abandoned or broken down vehicles because I don't want to see it.

I don't make a lot of noise or race up & down the street even though it's actually about 1320 feet long & very tempting.  :D

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

nvrbdn

alot of my neighbors have projects also. or just stop by to ask for advise about their vehicles. since they have seen my cars out, when one of the hotrods cruises by they have to rattle the pipes to let me know they are out. i love it. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

hemi68charger

I would say the youngsters think my car is cool. Some of the older men like it and most, most of the neighborhood, don't have a clue what the Daytona is. We have a lot of 1st generation Indian families on my street and, as previously mentioned, don't have any idea what that "winged car" is all about. I'm usually the one complaining about the cars hauling arse down the street and/or the barking dogs at all hours of the night. Luckily, in this new neighborhood/subdivision I live in, there's not a single unruly dog, but the speedy cars are numerous. I have no problem, if I see them coming down the street, getting out in front of them and letting them know they need to slow it down. Typically, they are teenage-friends of teenage residents. All fine and dandy, they usually heed my warnings..  :icon_smile_big:  Like so many teenagers, they don't like getting embarrassed.. I'm definitely the only classic car owner in this 110 home subdivision and the only one with a 4-car garage and portacache. Everyone calls it the garage-mahal.......

http://www.youtube.com/v/eTWzRs-xeiw
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

jb666

Every single neighbor around me is Chinese. NONE of them speak a word of English... One time my wife was outside when I left in the General.. she heard one of them yell to the other "Genwaw Gow!". So now we refer to my car as the General Gow...  :lol:

My car's louder than sin.. I actually feel BAD when I have to leave with the car on a quiet Sunday morning at 7AM, so I do my best to respect them and leave as quickly as possible...

HOTROD

My neighbors think I`m an asshole just because me and my wife argued this year with the windows open ,before that no one ever said any thing about me working on my cars to date ! There all a bunch of analasses that care more about there lawn .- no one works on there cars but me , I heard from friends of ours three blocks over ( do u no that guy he's a biker ) I said what -- because I wear a due rag when I'm working on my cars -its funny I love it !!
They would rather call the police on me for my dogs barking !!
What the Hell-Dumass !

doctor4766

I'm sure my neighbors think I won the lottery or something when I first brought home the Charger.
My car never graced the bricks on my driveway once until it was complete and licensed. Prior to that it lived at my workshop and no one in my street had any idea that I even had it.
Just as well really cos they prolly would have called the council if I'd had it out front in it's original state.

I'm sure it pisses them off on those Sunday mornings when I have the car at home and start her up ready for an early cruise day, but hey... ya get that
Gotta love a '69

mauve66

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 15, 2010, 02:00:03 PM
I would say the youngsters think my car is cool. Some of the older men like it and most, most of the neighborhood, don't have a clue what the Daytona is. We have a lot of 1st generation Indian families on my street and, as previously mentioned, don't have any idea what that "winged car" is all about. I'm usually the one complaining about the cars hauling arse down the street and/or the barking dogs at all hours of the night. Luckily, in this new neighborhood/subdivision I live in, there's not a single unruly dog, but the speedy cars are numerous. I have no problem, if I see them coming down the street, getting out in front of them and letting them know they need to slow it down. Typically, they are teenage-friends of teenage residents. All fine and dandy, they usually heed my warnings..  :icon_smile_big:  Like so many teenagers, they don't like getting embarrassed.. I'm definitely the only classic car owner in this 110 home subdivision and the only one with a 4-car garage and portacache. Everyone calls it the garage-mahal.......

hey man, tell that camera man to stay focused on the car, we don't want to see your ugly mug........................ :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

chargd72

I'll let you guys know what mine think after I break in my engine with open headers soon    :D

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

tan top

Quote from: chargd72 on December 16, 2010, 10:14:18 AM
I'll let you guys know what mine think after I break in my engine with open headers soon    :D

yeah baby uncorked headers  :yesnod: :dance: :dance:  finest sound  in the world  :yesnod:
:drool5: :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:

some in  my street have said in the past , things  along the lines of gasguzzler ,  killing the planet ,  why did you not get a new car or newer car !! that one was  when i first  got it !!  , also , are you going to paint it orange !!  , not so bad with noise now just as long as idle it / just off idle  , till on main road !!   :D  but when i first got it it had straight through /glass packs ,  :D
had to choose the right time to do timing , cam break ins & stuff like that  :yesnod: , or ever just firing it up !! ,  main thing every one in a half mile radius wanted to know what the noise was  :lol:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

71ChallengeHer

The old lady downstairs hates the Challenger. She'll fly out her door when I start it up or come home.  ::) My other neighbors think it's funny when I start it up. Since it annoys the nosey old lady.  :D  The Rod's Shop is right behind my house. Rod had the 440 Rat Rod out one Sunday. He backed it up in the garage . And started frying em on the cement pad.  I was sitting outside laughing. I got blamed for.  :shruggy:  :smilielol: :smilielol:

Ghoste

Most of my neighbors are pretty cool about it.  The guy next to me has a 34 Model A and the one next to him thinks I have the coolest garage in the world.  Across the street is a Harley and beside him is a guy who owns an autobody supply business (his father has a 70 Chevelle SS and a 55 Chevy).  On the other side of me is a guy with a couple of Porsche's so I have a few car guys around.

chargermike

i keep my charger in a airplane hanger with my drums and guitar amps. i can make as much noise as i want. no one to complain cause airplanes are louder than i could ever get. plus nice to be next to the plane fuel.  but everyone around stops and has to check out my charger.  most have never seen one up close. plus a nice place for my mopar friends to come and park and hang out and bbq and play some music. ... life is good.  bad ass mopars good food and live music.   sucks to have crappy neighbors. oh well they will get over it.  LET THAT MOPAR ROAR..........

ACUDANUT

I Live in the Country...Nobody bothers me.  :cheers:

68blue

I lived in the burbs when I started the charger project but now I live in the woods about as close to the frontier as you can get in Indiana. The HOA where I lived before has rules about stuff in the driveway but it was not a problem as I kept it in the garage. The problem started while my new house started construction and I put the old house on the market as the real estate people had fits over the "junk" car in the garage. They had problems with other aspects of my decore, animal heads, dated furniture, etc., but I put that stuff in storage pending completion of the new place. I was surprised at the issues they had with the car, covered up and in the garage so I finally had to move it from place to place. It's great to have car friends. 

68X426

Man I am the luckiest Mopar guy, 'cause I'm on 5 acres and the only two neighbors are super nice (and over 70!).

One still races motorcycles and the other loves to hear my Road Runner with open headers. So life is great in the 'hood. This topic reminds why I live away from cities and burbs.

Now about the wife and the smells of a vintage Mopar ....... :'(

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

bill440rt

Years ago when I was still living at home, I hated the neighbors there. Couldn't fart without causing a commotion. They once called the cops on me because I was spray painting in my backyard. With a rattle can. Yep, SPRAY PAINTING.  :flame: :flame:

Now, I couldn't be happier with my neighbors. I knew it was the right neighborhood when I saw some older cars around the area outside, & driveways with newer musclecars. The house across from me had a tubbed '69 Firebird on a trailer, so that sealed the deal. Made great friends with them, turns out their son is now one of the track announcers here at Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ. We've helped each other out with many projects. His mom always loves it when I start the cars. No complaints.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

The70RT

Quote from: bill440rt on December 17, 2010, 10:14:00 PM
Years ago when I was still living at home, I hated the neighbors there. Couldn't fart without causing a commotion. They once called the cops on me because I was spray painting in my backyard. With a rattle can. Yep, SPRAY PAINTING.  :flame: :flame:

Now, I couldn't be happier with my neighbors. I knew it was the right neighborhood when I saw some older cars around the area outside, & driveways with newer musclecars. The house across from me had a tubbed '69 Firebird on a trailer, so that sealed the deal. Made great friends with them, turns out their son is now one of the track announcers here at Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ. We've helped each other out with many projects. His mom always loves it when I start the cars. No complaints.

Now that's what Im talking about. Now you don't have to weed eat because your neighbor did  ::)
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sublime/Sixpack

What do your neighbors think?
To the best of my knowledge they value me as a neighbor, because even though I'm a car and motorcycle enthusiast I keep the noise down, keep my home and yard looking as nice as anyone elses, and I love the little kids too much to ever speed through the area. Some of you guys probably think that sounds pretty square, but I've lived around low life neighbors in the past, and I genuinely value my current neighbors. It's a mutual respect thing.
Once I exit the neighborhood and get onto the highway then I open the throttle up and enjoy.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

THE STIG

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 15, 2010, 02:00:03 PM
I would say the youngsters think my car is cool. Some of the older men like it and most, most of the neighborhood, don't have a clue what the Daytona is. We have a lot of 1st generation Indian families on my street and, as previously mentioned, don't have any idea what that "winged car" is all about. I'm usually the one complaining about the cars hauling arse down the street and/or the barking dogs at all hours of the night. Luckily, in this new neighborhood/subdivision I live in, there's not a single unruly dog, but the speedy cars are numerous. I have no problem, if I see them coming down the street, getting out in front of them and letting them know they need to slow it down. Typically, they are teenage-friends of teenage residents. All fine and dandy, they usually heed my warnings..  :icon_smile_big:  Like so many teenagers, they don't like getting embarrassed.. I'm definitely the only classic car owner in this 110 home subdivision and the only one with a 4-car garage and portacache. Everyone calls it the garage-mahal.......

You let somone else drive your Daytona?

moparsons

I have pretty cool neighbors......one gave me shit cause my new challenger is too quiet. said it needs to sound more like my Dart (straight 3 inch with glass packs)  :rofl:

myk

I dunno, I guess they're o.k. with it.  But really, who the hell cares what they think?

BigBlockSam

well, i live in the inner city . one mile from Manhattan . i have over 100 apt's for neighbors . nobody says anything to me when i start all 5 cars once a week and run them for 15 minutes . but the city is so loud,  that to survive you have to be tolerant  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Troy

Quote from: chargermike on December 16, 2010, 06:07:18 PM
i keep my charger in a airplane hanger with my drums and guitar amps. i can make as much noise as i want. no one to complain cause airplanes are louder than i could ever get. plus nice to be next to the plane fuel.  but everyone around stops and has to check out my charger.  most have never seen one up close. plus a nice place for my mopar friends to come and park and hang out and bbq and play some music. ... life is good.  bad ass mopars good food and live music.   sucks to have crappy neighbors. oh well they will get over it.  LET THAT MOPAR ROAR..........
Hey! I used to keep mine in a hangar too:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

clanton

.....Nice challenger!!!!......What year is that?......(car alarms)......(dogs barking)...... :2thumbs:
Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

adauto

With my charming and delightfull personality fire'n up NIKKI is never an issue.  :whistling:
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl