News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger 69 Tan paint

Started by bobfist, December 07, 2010, 06:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobfist

Hi!
Wonder if anyone have a product number or paint code for the tan color on the interior in my charger 69
www.bobfist.com
Muscle Car Restorations & Reproduction
Sweden

UFO

From the service manual.

Mike DC

I've had some experience messing around with vinyl paints and the factory '69 Tan shade.  It goes with the territory when you're a General Lee fan.  

The SEM color called "Bluebird brown" is closer to the factory dashboard tan.  The dashes usually got slightly darker shades than the seats & door panels.  It depended from factory plant to plant about how much darker though.  The SEM "Camel" color is more like the factory seats & door panels although it's not perfect either.  It's a bit too yellowish and bright.  

Nothing out of a spray can from SEM is gonna be dead-on.  But myself and some other people think that the SEM vinyl paint is the best quality paint itself in terms of long lasting.  (IMHO it's better than the paint-gun vinyl paints you get from "real" automotive paint companies like DuPont, Sikkens, PPG, etc.)  

You can buy the SEM colors in regular cans for a paint gun and you could custom-mix something perfect.  If you wanna do this, then I would get some cans of SEM's "Bluebird Brown" and "Camel" and "Light Oak" and start mixing from there.  All 3 together would probably get you closest to the various factory 69 tan shades in the big picture.  You could adjust the ratios of the colors a bit to match the lighter & darker areas of the interior.