News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

340 ENGIE QUESTIONS ON THE BLOCK NUMBERS..

Started by police1, December 05, 2010, 10:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

police1

hi guys. i think i have found a great deal on a 340 if it is what he says. can anyone decode these block numbers and tell me what this is?     2780930-340-3       7-1-70          thanks guys and what do you think it's worth? supposedly all rebuilt.. :scratchchin:

471_Magnum

Quote from: police1 on December 05, 2010, 10:12:21 AMsupposedly all rebuilt.. :scratchchin:

Unless you can verify this via paperwork and/or open it up for a close inspection, you're really gambling. I've had enough bad experiences with motors that were "recently rebuilt" that I consider this to be one of the biggest and most common lies associated with the hobby.

Regardless, more information is definitely needed to make an assessment. From what you've stated, all we know is that it is a 340 block.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."