News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Passon Performance 5 Speed update

Started by Dans 68, December 03, 2010, 08:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

elacruze

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

red79

from that thread, Jamie Passon said the initial run is going to be 100 units, divided between A/B/E body tails.

18 spline input, stock shifter position (custom hurst shifter with rods, no integrated tremec foolishness)..... I just wish i could afford one

on the plus side, Jamie did say they would accept trade-ins of other 833s toward the price of a new unit  :yesnod:

tricky lugnuts

Awesome looking product with .70 final gear ratio.

I like the comment - "this should help make sure our old polluters stay on the road for a long time to come."

Here's hoping it turns out reasonably affordable - especially for us auto guys who have been itching to convert to a manual . . . . .

c00nhunterjoe

While mouth watering I gurantee it will be way over my budget :pity:

Cooter

I predict somewhere in the $3-$5000 range just for the trans...Looks like the Tremec will be the cheaper even at an over budgeted $6K for the entire swap "kit"....Kinda makes my Mustang GT T-5 @ $250.00 for the entire swap look kinda good now don't it. Course, you can't play Ronnie Sox on Sat. night with it, but you still get the .68 OD ratio in high gear....And still had to cut the floor anyway..This type trans is for the as mentioned, "A-12" , "Hemi Cuda", "440 Six Pack", "GTS", etc. croud that don't wanna cut nuthin'...As for the rest of us with "So-So" cars, we can hack and cut to get a 5-gear in 'em cheaper..
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Cooter

Yep, $4300.00 for this trans.....http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6330693&page=0&fpart=all&vc=1

Yep, knew this was gonna be pricey.....Maybe Passion will sell 15 bazillion units to the well off croud and the price will come down to around $1500.00 per trans so us lesser folks can go 5-speed as well...Doubt it....

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Troy

For that price, it's the trans and shifter, it's a direct bolt-in using everything else that will work on an 18 spline 833 (including shifter handles), it's all brand new with high strength components, the gear spread sounds good, and it "looks" right. For those who care, it's all designed and made in the USA and it's a Mopar specific part (not something scabbed from another brand and made to work). Me, I just care if the thing fits and works as it should without having to modify the car. If you read Jamie's post their cost is almost $3,900 per unit so the selling price will never be half that.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.