News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

any good?

Started by john.v, December 03, 2010, 05:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john.v

now that i know that my charger will finally go to the bodyshop jan 2011 (finally a space came open) and will not get it for the next 8 to 12 months i will use this time to work on the engine.
i have a 74 year 400 shortblock and will like to stroke this baby up to 512 with the stroker kit from 440 source.
surfing on e-bay i got this ad.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/chrysler-mopar-383-440-aluminum-heads-kit-w-rockers-vc-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem230bb44773QQitemZ150520219507QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
looks like a very nice setup.

anyone of D.C. members have use these heads that they are selling?? and how are they?? any good for a 512 stroker??
i will like to use my car for street and sometimes to play on strip.

thanks for any info that i can get from you guys.  :2thumbs:

Cooter

Look like Eddy "Victor" head casting's to me...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

Branded as Pro Comp but I thought that was a California based outfit and not from Michigan?

Rolling_Thunder

They are procomp heads - they are purchased by this company and gone through as well as sold with the roller rocker package     :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Ghoste

When you say purchased, do you mean they buy an off the shelf head such as the Victor and go through it, or purchased as in it's a proprietary design but they purchase the casting from a foundry and then they do the finish work?

rt green

i saw those too. dont know about them and the rockers as well. would be cool if they were kick ass at that price. anyone with experince on these?
third string oil changer