News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FUEL PUMP PUSHROD

Started by Bobs69, November 21, 2010, 02:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

A383Wing

Torx bit is not tapered like the spiral easy outs...will probably make hole worse

Bobs69

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on December 19, 2010, 11:27:40 AM
What about a Torx bit?

Yeah that was suggested to me by a friend awhile back.  Wish I would have tried it now.  The hole is pretty bad now.  I think I'm going to try and get one of those spiral easy outs posted earlier that you don't need to drill a hole for.  I'll have to shop around and see where to buy it here or put it on my shopping list for when I goto the States again. 

Is this a tool that can be any brand name or is it benificial to get it from the Strap-On truck!  STRAP ON TRUCK haha I love that, thanks to whoever posted that.

oldcarnut

For no more than you'll probably use it, most any brand should work,  I cant remember the brand of the one in my work tool box but its not one of those high dollar names and we use them a lot with no problems.  Just make sure it made with good steel.

Purple68

I have used a product in the past called Screw Grab and it works pretty well. It works by filling the gaps between the tool and fastener and creates friction.

Bobs69