News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Challenger Is In The Rod's Shop , It's Done

Started by 71ChallengeHer, October 26, 2010, 08:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on December 02, 2010, 09:32:21 PM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on December 02, 2010, 12:27:35 PM
Rod is getting ready to blast the rear.

Blast his rear? Is any of your chili involved?  :scratchchin:
Nope, Rod never ate my chili.  :rofl: :rofl:  But I did take him over Cheeseburger Soup.  :2thumbs:

Alaskan_TA

As close as his shop is, I suppose feeding him chili would be a bad idea.  :scratchchin:

On the airplane ride home, everyone wanted your name & address because of my, um, condition.........

I gave them Sarah Palin's instead.  :icon_smile_big:

:smilielol:

71ChallengeHer

Thanks for not giving my address.  :smilielol: :smilielol: I figure I gotta feed Rod once in awhile. Maybe he'll take it off my bill.  :2thumbs:

Alaskan_TA

Now I know what happened to the wild cat. Has Rod had received any 'tuna' sandwiches lately?  :shruggy:

:lol:

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on December 02, 2010, 11:59:16 PM
Now I know what happened to the wild cat. Has Rod had received any 'tuna' sandwiches lately?  :shruggy:

:lol:
No, I only do that stuff to my ex that screwed me over.  :naughty:

71ChallengeHer

Went over to the garage today to take some pics. A friend of mine, that has a Hemi Cuda stopped in with a box of parts. It was like Christmas.  :clapping: NOS axle bearings and seals. Door handles, washer bottle, new yoke, new sway bar bushings and brackets.( mine are bent. Took some pics of other cars . And a good shot of the Rat Rod.

71ChallengeHer

Leaf springs back in the right place. Butchered up holes are welded shut.

71ChallengeHer

Tearing the new rear apart, getting reading for blasting. My box of parts.  :2thumbs:

71ChallengeHer

42 Dodge Rat Rod Truck with a 440.

TUFCAT

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on December 04, 2010, 02:04:35 PM
Went over to the garage today to take some pics. A friend of mine, that has a Hemi Cuda stopped in with a box of parts. It was like Christmas.  :clapping: NOS axle bearings and seals. Door handles, washer bottle, new yoke, new sway bar bushings and brackets.( mine are bent. Took some pics of other cars . And a good shot of the Rat Rod.

NOS axle bearings - good stuff. :2thumbs:

OEM tapered bearings are the only way to go unles you're doing a lot of drag racing. People who update with Green bearings soon find out they are not designed for turning corners. Those bearings will probably last another 40 years.

Slotts

Alaskan_TA

Jim,
Just put on a g-string & your wife can tuck $1.00 bills into it.

IF you dance good.

71ChallengeHer

Jim, That looks really good.  :2thumbs:  So, I think Barry';s idea is pretty good. You don't want Anna to think you have stripper dust on you.  :smilielol: :smilielol:

Alaskan_TA

Santa may be bringing Jim some Nair this year........

71ChallengeHer

Slott's resto off my grille http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg169/Slotts/Jackies%2071%20Grille/   :2thumbs:      Small update the Challenger is getting some junk in his trunk.  :icon_smile_big:   The heads are back. They were warped. They had to shave off 16 thousands. Rod said he never saw a small block head warp like mine.

Alaskan_TA

Big block or small block, heads tend to reflect the car owner's sense of humor after a while. So, in this case....

warped fits.  ;)

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on December 18, 2010, 10:37:51 PM
Big block or small block, heads tend to reflect the car owner's sense of humor after a while. So, in this case....

warped fits.  ;)
Thanks , Barry.   :nana:  Don't drink wine and read Barry's posts  :brickwall: :brickwall:  And thank you for all your help. I owe you a lot of Lager.  :cheers:  :cheers: Rod told me to tell you, he put a greasy fingerprint on every page of the service manual.  :D

71ChallengeHer

OMG the Challenger is nekid.  :o    No more air shocks.  :boogie: :boogie:

Alaskan_TA

Maybe I shoud have got you a splash cover for your keyboard instead?  :scratchchin:

71ChallengeHer

71ChallengeHer

Just got back from the garage. All the freeze out plugs are leaking. Rod's said the motor has ton of stop leak in it. So the motor is getting pulled now.  :eek2:

1970Moparmann

One thing is leading to another..... Can you say stroker??  Why not at this point.  :scratchchin:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Belgium R/T -68

Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

resq302

Jackie,

Next time I see you, you are getting a free Snow cone (snowball as you call them) since your car is turning into just that..... one giant Snow Ball! 
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

TUFCAT

Now's a good time to repaint the engine compartment..... Its always a bitch when that "dreaded" snowball starts to roll. :brickwall:

I think we've all been there before! :eek2: