News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Movie/TV Chargers

Started by NoGL, October 24, 2010, 01:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71ChallengeHer

There is a 69 Charger in the movie Crash and Burn.

Khyron

Quote from: tan top on October 26, 2010, 07:45:15 AM
Quote from: WB General Lee on October 26, 2010, 06:30:47 AM
So there were three cars? Do you have any idea where that survivor may be?

check this thread out WBGL   :yesnod: :2thumbs:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52052.0.html

hehe yeah, "Charger Killer" got at it :-(

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

MoparManJim

Quote from: chargerboy69 on October 26, 2010, 09:38:51 AM
There is a 68 Charger in the crap suckin movie House of Wax.  A horror (or whore) movie with Paris Hilton.  She did get wacked.  So at least it ended well.

You mean the "remake" version of "House of Wax"  :lol: 

Love the charger scenes hated the Hilton scenes...

NoGL

I checked on the web about  the Burn Notice charger  they say it 's a 73 or 74?

694spdRT

Quote from: WB General Lee on October 25, 2010, 11:33:27 PM
How could you forget this one. The Charger from the Fast and Furious. Did that Dirty Harry car survive? I thought they used a Camaro at the end that went into the train?

The Camaro you are thinking of was in Vanishing Point. That was a stand in for a 1970 Challenger R/T.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

694spdRT

Stuntman Mike drove a '69 Charger in Death Proof, there was a '69 Charger in a vampire flick called The Forsaken, Cannonball had a '68 Charger in it, and the Vanishing Point remake had a '68 Charger as well.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

WB General Lee

Thanks on the corection that it was Vanishing Point that they used a Camaro at the end instead of a Charger.

Also thanks for the information on the DMCL car. I cant believe what happened to that car  :RantExplode: It was destoyed! Thats to bad a piece of movie history. What a story I am tired but I will go over the story again but is there any way of checking to see by a serial number if the car is truely gone?

WB General Lee

Here is another picture. I am tired but when I have time in the next few days I will post lots.

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

WB General Lee

I an at Woodward all week never even heard of the Big Fish Charger. It would have been cool to see. We had about 15 movie cars at the Redcoat Tavern which is a famous hangout. George Barris and Linda Vaghn were with us.

Khyron

Quote from: WB General Lee on October 27, 2010, 01:10:19 AM
Thanks on the corection that it was Vanishing Point that they used a Camaro at the end instead of a Charger.

Also thanks for the information on the DMCL car. I cant believe what happened to that car  :RantExplode: It was destoyed! Thats to bad a piece of movie history. What a story I am tired but I will go over the story again but is there any way of checking to see by a serial number if the car is truely gone?

yep, the former owner is on this board.... he saw the last one die :-(

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

WB General Lee

Here is a rare picture WB garage

lexxman

Where did you find those pictures? It cool to see all those lees. :2thumbs:

rav440

Quote from: The70RT on October 27, 2010, 05:41:24 PM
Quote from: CDN72SE on October 27, 2010, 11:55:52 AM
This topic lists quite a few as well.
What Are the Famous CHARGERS?.. 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,5394.0.html

Yeah there is lots of similar threads like this.

:shruggy: i guess scrolling down about 10 threads would be a bit much  ::)
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

WB General Lee

Well two of those cars are in my garage now. I will post more pictures when I get home.

WB General Lee

Here is another one

There is about 7 or 8 cars that survived

GL#10

Hey

Great Pics there Wb  , take it these pics are after the 2007 Beginning movie , the one with the hood damage was the one you see hit a tree .

What Movie  #'s you have ?? I have #10 original 68 R/T  , and #113 road runner race car from the 2005 movie .

K.c

Mike DC

What GLs has WB actually kept these days?  I haven't closely followed the fates of the movie cars like I did the TV series cars.  Every time I turn around a few more of the movie cars are leaving WB. 

They've got the one car on display in the transpo building (looked like the same hero car in the publicity pics with the busted grille section when I saw it in person, maybe #9?) but I don't know what else they've still got.  I would assume they at least kept the closeup survivor from the TV series & reunions too.   

JPL

GL#10

Hey Mike

The car on display at W.B with the covered flag is the original #2 tv series GL , i opened the door and it is still marked from the movie , another dead give away , it still has the trunk button opener just under the trunk key barrel .

I believe the W.B  still has #2  #9  , maybe #14 and #16  , all others have shown up  at various auctions or sold direct by the W.B  .

K.c

lexxman

I would have liked to have a WB gl. But I'm happy with what I have.

Mike DC

QuoteThe car on display at W.B with the covered flag is the original #2 tv series GL , i opened the door and it is still marked from the movie , another dead give away , it still has the trunk button opener just under the trunk key barrel .

I believe the W.B  still has #2  #9  , maybe #14 and #16  , all others have shown up  at various auctions or sold direct by the W.B  .

Did #02 have the grille busted?  The grille I saw was the busted one in the publicity pics with the actors individually leaning on the car against the white backdrop.  I thought I read that car was #9 around the time of the movie.  I dunno.   

I didn't get to see the back end of the display car or open the doors last time I was there.  That was a couple years ago.  The flag was still showing at the time.   

Either way it's good if they've got #02 on display.  It'll help WB remember exactly which one of their remaining GLs is the one to treat with kid gloves. 

WB General Lee

Hello K c
Prior to me going to Warner Brothers there were 9 cars left. The smashed car went to a museum and will stay that way. When I got there I saw three cars and the smashed one. I told them I would take all three but they had a few other people in mind. I almost bought the smashed one along with #21 but decided against it because of the problem I had with various body shops in the past :( I recently bought #22 it's on the way after I sent it for minor work in Ohio. Door locks were missing, window cranks, console and seat tracks. The seats were bolted to the floor for back seat camera guy. I have lots of pictures and will share.

WB General Lee

This is the only WB car left at WB series car