News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Torco Accelerator

Started by Long Island RT, October 20, 2010, 09:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Long Island RT

http://torcoracefuel.net/pro-accelerator.html

Any body ever use this stuff?

I am just short of 11:1 compression and can't advance past 30° on the crappy 93 octane here on Long Island.

I've used Toluene with excellent success - but it costs $15 a gallon.
1969 Dodge Charger RT Restomod<br />Triple Black, 512 stroker, Tremec TKO600 5-speed<br />2005 Dodge Magnum RT - Brilliant Black - Lowered

FLG

Im sure there are others but SK Speed out there sells race fuel (by the 5gal) you could mix in.

Forgot to mention, after going for a ride...i dont know why you would be, soon enough 3rd gonna be just as useless as 1st and 2nd LOL

Long Island RT

Hey Frank!  I checked out S&K's fuel.  It's about $70 for 5 gallons of 100 octane... not too cost effective. if I added the whole 5 gallons to an empty tank and filled the rest up with 93 - I would barely have 95 octane!

I found Torco on eBay for $85 shipped for a six pack of quarts.  That'll treat about 200 gallons of gas!

BTW - I drove the car over 400 miles this past weekend with multiple burnouts and I didn't throw the power steering belt once!
Sometimes all you need is another pair of hands - thanks.
I did get a headache though - I have to really consider some different mufflers... Know anybody who'd like a set of 3" welded/stainless ultra-flos?

I hope I didn't scare your girlfriend too much  :icon_smile_big:
1969 Dodge Charger RT Restomod<br />Triple Black, 512 stroker, Tremec TKO600 5-speed<br />2005 Dodge Magnum RT - Brilliant Black - Lowered

FLG

Nope that sure isnt!

I dont know how good the Torco thing is, maybe worth a shot?

Anytime, you helped me out big time with that piece of aluminum among other things.

BTW, Did you say you might sell your Ultra-Flos?  :wave: :wave: I need  a set!

She was fine, were both very used to it, enjoyed it...i get scared when i go out with some of my friends and they simply are horrible drivers.

Long Island RT

Update:

I put 8 ounces of Torco Accelerator into about 10 gallons of fuel today.
No pinging.   :2thumbs:
That's about ½ of what the recommended amount is to move 91 octane to 95, only I started with 93 octane so who knows where I ended up.

I'll pull some plugs after a I run through a full tank and see what I see.

b5blue

Check the instructions, I added the old "Oct 104" to a tank of 93 and it made no difference....then I found adding it to regular was what was recommended!   :shruggy: (It may work better and save more money)

BB73Challenger

The products found in auto stores like 104 don't add FULL points.

You think you will add 4 points to a 92 grade gas it will not be 96 but 92.4.

Torco and also read on Kemco oil additive http://www.kemcooil.com/specials.php

Read all the way down, nice info.

b5blue

Thanks I checked out both sights and see both are for premium fuel.  :2thumbs:

Long Island RT

Interesting.... :scratchchin:

Similar octane boost #'s per ounce, but this stuff contains lead.  I know not too many of us (if any) are running cat converters but what about our bronze valve guides...?

Price is slightly better as well.