News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Distribution block question -help

Started by Calif240, October 17, 2010, 11:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calif240

Hey guys... I've got the majority of the brakes re-plumbed and hooked back up. I bought a brand new adjustable proportioning block to replace my old one. I'm wondering what the sensor is that hooked into my stock distribution block? I've checked my shop manuals and a few other sources and can't find the answer... From what I can tell, the brake light switch is on the pedal, so I'm not sure really what this sensor is... Please help!
Indianapolis '69 Charger. RestoMod.

68coronetGLwannabe

I believe its the low brake fluid or brake problem sensor which activates the brake light on the dash.
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

John_Kunkel

The switch in the block grounds out when one of the systems (front/rear) fails, the pressure differential causes a spool valve in the block to move to one side and ground the probe in the switch; this provides the ground for the warning light.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Calif240

So it sounds like this isn't 100% necessary? Are there any reasons I should be sure to include this in the new, modified brake system? Any thing else I should take into consideration? This is great info and is much appreciated!
Indianapolis '69 Charger. RestoMod.