News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Installing vin rivets

Started by runningman, October 16, 2010, 11:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

runningman

I'm getting ready to do this and thought I had read somewhere about using some small washers on the backside of these to make sure the rivet tightens up good to the dash assembly.  For those of you that have done this did you use washers??

kw mopar

I did not use washers on mine and it held tight. But I did put tape on the end of my rivet gun so when it lets go it does not scratch the paint.

HOTROD

Were do you get said rivets ????
I have only seen them in a ad in MCG for 45.00 thats just to much !!!! :shruggy:
What the Hell-Dumass !

runningman

Thanks for the info!  I got mine from ECS along with a vin plate dry rub transfer.  I think the rivets were $25

68r/t

I got mine from ECS aswell, I did not use any washers and they worked great.

Charger-Bodie

I also used mine without washers. They are nice and tight.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

runningman

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 21, 2010, 08:02:55 AM
I also used mine without washers. They are nice and tight.

Excellent, thanks!  Hey are you guys using a regular hand rivet gun or pneumatic??  I have an old cheap Sears gun laying around, you think that will be sufficient?  I believe these are stainless rivets correct?

kw mopar

Regular gun but I would tape it off just in case.

runningman

I will tape it up for sure.  Thanks!   :2thumbs:

Matt

Shakey

I think I used some washers when I installed mine - it's been so long!

GTXtreme