News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1958 chev lowrider of the year in roll over! (damn trailer queens)

Started by loudmouthaussie, October 15, 2010, 10:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loudmouthaussie

1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

bull

Manfred318

Well aint that just a bitch... Man Id hate for something like that to happen to mine after I put all that work and effort into it.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Ghoste

Strangely enough for someone as close minded as me I find the before pic to look pretty good.  I hope he can get it back together.

RD

Quote from: Ghoste on October 16, 2010, 12:23:55 AM
Strangely enough for someone as close minded as me I find the before pic to look pretty good.  I hope he can get it back together.

i agree.. i think its the color of the paint.. not something so flashy that it just hurts your eyes.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

loudmouthaussie

yeah theres tonnes of work in it! tasteful colour scheme for lowrider of the year  ;)

bull

I must be more closed-minded than you because I think it looks like a$$. I can appreciate all the work and money that's gone into it but IMO it's a gawdy mess before and a bent gawdy mess after.

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Piston_Freddy

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 16, 2010, 04:42:20 PM
Any info on what happened except for the  obvious?

http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=436283&st=360

trailer flipped on the way home fom vegas is what it says in the other thread 

just GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH THEM EVERYONE IS OK A CAR CUT THEM OFF AND THE TRAILOR CAME OF THE MOTORHOME
Max rim size:15"

loudmouthaussie

Quote from: Piston_Freddy on October 16, 2010, 05:08:26 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 16, 2010, 04:42:20 PM
Any info on what happened except for the  obvious?

http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=436283&st=360

trailer flipped on the way home fom vegas is what it says in the other thread 

just GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH THEM EVERYONE IS OK A CAR CUT THEM OFF AND THE TRAILOR CAME OF THE MOTORHOME

hey piston you on LIL.com?

Finn

Wow, the attention to detail was INSANE on that car. Such a shame.  :rotz:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Piston_Freddy

Max rim size:15"

Belgium R/T -68

I wonder how many Mopars you can restore for that money? :scratchchin:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

tan top

sad sight !! of some dudes hard work , not to my liking all that stuff ,  :down: :flush:  :Twocents:    lot of hours & money went in to that , hope he gets it fixed !! :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger440RDN

I like several different types of cars, not just muscle cars and this car obviously had a lot of blood sweat and tears invested. What a shame  :rotz: I can appreciate these big land yachts the lowriders restore because I grew up riding in the big detroit iron from GM, Ford and Mopar.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Charger440RDN on October 17, 2010, 11:33:53 AM
I like several different types of cars, not just muscle cars and this car obviously had a lot of blood sweat and tears invested. What a shame  :rotz: I can appreciate these big land yachts the lowriders restore because I grew up riding in the big detroit iron from GM, Ford and Mopar.
Damn right!   :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ponch ®

That's a shame. Hate to see that happen to something that has that much time, work, and money put into it, even if it's not necessarily "my thing".
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

chargerboy69

Quote from: bull on October 16, 2010, 03:28:22 PM

I must be more closed-minded than you because I think it looks like a$$.

:smilielol:

I just spit my Diet Pepsi all over my laptop.

I always appreciate Curtis' honest opinion.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

aussiemuscle

i'd say he's plenty well off to rebuild it (hey, good excuse to change the color scheme).

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on October 17, 2010, 11:24:53 AM
I wonder how many Mopars you can restore for that money? :scratchchin:

Per
one. it's damn expensive to restore old cars.

SuperJim

I just hope he had it insured so he can come out okay - on the huge investment.
Jim
Supercar Collectibles, Ltd.
http://www.supercar1.com/index.php

Ponch ®

I hope it's fixable. If it is, this may not be an entirely bad situation. With the big money lowrider guys, once they win a big award, sooner or later they will tear the car apart again and rebuild it to try to outdo themselves and everyone else at future competitions.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

nvrbdn

the first time i ever seen a lowrider was in the late 60's. being from the midwest, the family went to california to visit relatives. i seen these cars and said to my dad "why do they put wide tires on front and skinny ones on back and then lower the wrong end of the car? 5 years later i had my first car.68 charger jacked up in back with 60 series micky thompsons on back and pizza cutters on front. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ponch ®

Quote from: nvrbdn on October 20, 2010, 02:29:43 PM
the first time i ever seen a lowrider was in the late 60's. being from the midwest, the family went to california to visit relatives. i seen these cars and said to my dad "why do they put wide tires on front and skinny ones on back and then lower the wrong end of the car? 5 years later i had my first car.68 charger jucked up in back with 60 series micky thompsons on back and pizza cutters on front. :2thumbs:

I'm a MOPAR muscle car guy for the most part, but every time I see a lowrider 64 impala or something like that, I instinctively have to check it out and think/say "damn...that's sweet" - the same reaction that I have when I see a chick with a nice ass or boobs. Must be the Mexican genes in me.

nvrbdn

Quote from: Ponch ® on October 21, 2010, 04:15:46 PM
Quote from: nvrbdn on October 20, 2010, 02:29:43 PM
the first time i ever seen a lowrider was in the late 60's. being from the midwest, the family went to california to visit relatives. i seen these cars and said to my dad "why do they put wide tires on front and skinny ones on back and then lower the wrong end of the car? 5 years later i had my first car.68 charger jucked up in back with 60 series micky thompsons on back and pizza cutters on front. :2thumbs:

I'm a MOPAR muscle car guy for the most part, but every time I see a lowrider 64 impala or something like that, I instinctively have to check it out and think/say "damn...that's sweet" - the same reaction that I have when I see a chick with a nice ass or boobs. Must be the Mexican genes in me.
si senor! :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House