News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Oh woe is me!

Started by twodko, October 08, 2010, 11:32:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

After 3+ years working a gravy job, myself and 20+ others were cut Wednesday morning. You'd think they might have waited until after the holidays but I remind myself its a large US corporation.

Dammit.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

451-74Charger

Didnt you hear the recession is over !!!
I have been "laid off" since last August, but am still sitting in my seat still working at my desk. Keep getting extended thankfully

I know how bad it is, and companies got a taste of lean running, workers worked harder for less money and the big companies are able to profit more because of it. Why would they want to change now?

I feel sorry for you and your family, but hang in there, make the most of the downtimew to work on something you want or enjoy it by going fishing etc.

Hope your in work again soon.

chargerboy69

Quote from: 451-74Charger on October 08, 2010, 02:42:41 PM
Didnt you hear the recession is over !!!

:smilielol:

I feel for ya, I really do.  I was laid off about 16 months ago, and believe me, there is not much out there either.  And with the tax cuts expiring in January, there will be even less.  Well at least you get nearly two years un-employment if needed.  It could be even more depending on which state you live in, or the type of work you did. Best of luck to you, and hope you find something soon.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

The70RT

Sorry to hear that, hopefully everything will turn around soon.  ::) My wife has been unemployed since Feb. She gets her paralegal degree in Dec so hopefully she will be able to benefit from it.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nvrbdn

know the feeling too. was laid off for 6 mo's. wife lost her job for good. im back now, but they are still saying we might go again. hang in there
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Belgium R/T -68

Sorry to hear about it Tom, keep up the spirit.

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

twodko

Thanks for all the well wishes gang. I don't mind being a "99 weeker" but I'd rather work. It's a blessing in disguise though because I can finish the Charger now (installed the grille assembly yesterday) and the house needs painting. I'll spend more time with my grandboy, wife, friends and of course my DC peeps. It occurs to me that I'll have time to upload my resto thread. I've been using resize.com to post pix but how do you "batch resize"? If I had all my shots resized it would sure be easier to post the resto sequence. Thanks again!
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!