News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fuseable link??

Started by Highbanked Hauler, October 06, 2010, 08:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

If one lets go can that keep the car from starting? The blue one at the starter relay is about 3/16 in dia. so i don't know if it is cooked or not. :shruggy:  Next question is where do you get them for our cars?
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

squeakfinder

Well, it cause's an open circuit, so yes. Auto parts store should have it.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Highbanked Hauler

How do you know when they burn or let go?
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

squeakfinder

Disconnect it from the firewall and check it with an ohm meter. The connection at the bulkhead could also be dirty.

squeakfinder

By the way, when that wire passes threw the fire wall it should go to the amp gauge. I'm probably not explaining this real well but that wire power's just about everything. So, there should be problems elsewhere if that fusible link is the culprit.

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: squeakfinder on October 06, 2010, 09:32:21 PM
By the way, when that wire passes threw the fire wall it should go to the amp gauge. I'm probably not explaining this real well but that wire power's just about everything. So, there should be problems elsewhere if that fusible link is the culprit.

GOOD POINT, I changed the amp meter for one with a clean face and it didn't work but i let it go for now so I am back tracking as i don't have juice to the coil. Next thing is to pull the firewall block to clean it and work back from there.
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

hemi68charger

Hey Al,,
Call me later on....  I'll send a PM..

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection