News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Would you swap or sell your beloved Charger for this car?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, October 02, 2010, 04:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 02, 2010, 07:59:54 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on October 02, 2010, 07:36:28 PM
I was in "swap mode" with this 71 GTX this season....almost happened
Wow! :drool5: What fell through?
It was a fresh resto on an original V2 GTX...auto car with airgrabber added....I felt the trade wasnt even enough for me.  oh well Ill just keep mine :rotz:  ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on October 03, 2010, 12:54:05 AM
I absolutley LOVE '71 Roadrunners and GTXs. Would I trade my Charger for one? Not in a million years. One day my Charger will have one of those beside it though!
I agree with this the most.  A Charger with a Bee Or GTX next to it would be awesome. Problem is most of us can't even afford to have the Charger.  :'(
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on October 03, 2010, 07:11:12 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 02, 2010, 07:59:54 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on October 02, 2010, 07:36:28 PM
I was in "swap mode" with this 71 GTX this season....almost happened
Wow! :drool5: What fell through?
It was a fresh resto on an original V2 GTX...auto car with airgrabber added....I felt the trade wasnt even enough for me.  oh well :rotz:
If it had a pistol grip would you?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

quapman

I'd trade almost any Dodge B-body for that goofy spaceship with the funny stick poking through the console! Yes, this coming from the same guy who just sold his 72 Satellite. We Mopar guys are odd ducks, eh?

Jake

Sure I would. Just for Kicks. but I get to pick which Charger to trade, :)

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: quapman on October 03, 2010, 08:27:44 AM
I'd trade almost any Dodge B-body for that goofy spaceship with the funny stick poking through the console! Yes, this coming from the same guy who just sold his 72 Satellite. We Mopar guys are odd ducks, eh?
"goofy spaceship"  Finally a way to describe the style.  I couldn't find the right words.  :2thumbs:

Ghoste

That description came from someone who owns a 3rd gen.  I find that interesting.

moparstuart

if it was  a  70 GTX  with pistol grip and air grabber in a nice hi impact color  I would swap  in a heart beat  !!!!!!  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

1970Moparmann

Quote from: moparstuart on October 03, 2010, 09:08:22 AM
if it was  a  70 GTX  with pistol grip and air grabber in a nice hi impact color  I would swap  in a heart beat  !!!!!!  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Love the Sublime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

1969chargerrtse

The 70 GTX is real real nice, but I ain't swapping my Charger for one.  It's the loop grille thingy I love on the 71/2's.
Anyway, the wife reminded me how the 69 charger is my soul mate.  Then I took a ride and someone pulled up next to me and said when your ready to sell call me at ### ####.  I said how I was thinking about swapping for a 71/2 GTX and he said , no way that car is much more cooler.  So then a buddy called and he owned a brand new 71 RR and I ran it by him and he said , no way the Charger is so much nicer.  The RR is like a big brick.  So then I went home and made up my mind for sure.  The Charger stays and I'll pick up a restoration project later on, and own that with the Charger.  I told this to my wife and she said  :hah: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:.
Looks like I'll just keep the Charger.

quapman

Does that mean you'll pass along the info for the GS? (Goofy Spaceship/ Goofy Steve)

69 OUR/TEA

Rob,did'nt know you cared for these 71,72 RR bodys?I like these alot to,and the past few years at Carlisle started paying some attention to them,then got a big itch for one.But I have to agree with most,for me the 69 Charger is first,and anything after that is fine,but won't give up my Charger.Although it is a project,I'm glad I picked up my 72 RR GTX last Labor day on ebay,price,condition,short trip,etc,it was a no-brainer, I could'nt pass it up.Probably a couple years out from starting on it.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on October 03, 2010, 07:03:52 PM
Rob,did'nt know you cared for these 71,72 RR bodys?I like these alot to,and the past few years at Carlisle started paying some attention to them,then got a big itch for one.But I have to agree with most,for me the 69 Charger is first,and anything after that is fine,but won't give up my Charger.Although it is a project,I'm glad I picked up my 72 RR GTX last Labor day on ebay,price,condition,short trip,etc,it was a no-brainer, I could'nt pass it up.Probably a couple years out from starting on it.
Sure you did. You just forgot. We probably talked about it when you got yours?  I don't remember seeing it though?  Love the 72 even more. Gotta invite me up to see it. Remember when I met a guy with a 70 Charger and a RR and told you about it?

69 OUR/TEA

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

TeeWJay426

I'd do it in a heartbeat.... but then again, my first musclecar I ever owned was a '71 GTX, back in 1981, so I have a soft spot for them. Of course, the Charger I currently have isn't my ideal anyway, so it wouldn't break my heart to part with it.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

ODZKing

noff57

Ponch ®

I almost sold my 74 this weekend to get a 71 Satellite that I found craigslist. However, upon inspecting the car in person I determined that it's even more of a project than the Charger (other than the fact that it runs), so it didn't happen. I know it's not exactly "2nd Gen Charger  vs.  71 GTX/RR", but it was just as big a conundrum for me, at least until I checked out the Satellite in person.

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

71ChallengeHer

1969chargerrtse

Stopped by my buddies garage and he had rolled his outside.  He's putting a 6 pack on it.

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html