News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

window stainless

Started by BigBlockSam, October 01, 2010, 10:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

they fit well Daytonalo made them for me . old pic

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Charger-Bodie

Very cool Rene. I cant wait to get mine on. The ones I got from Erik N fit horribly.  :brickwall: Just one more part that I will end up buy twice.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BigBlockSam

Quotebrickwall Just one more part that I will end up buy twice.

i'm here to help. i've bought two sets of nose to fender gaskets and wasn't happy with either one . i have home made one's in there now . so i feel your pain . :icon_smile_big: :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Charger-Bodie

These cars are trying at times thats for sure. I love this car,but Im not sure if I would have gone down this road if I would have known just how much I was in for.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

BigBlockSam

QuoteThese cars are trying at times thats for sure. I love this car,but Im not sure if I would have gone down this road if I would have known just how much I was in for.

when people tell me that they want to build a correct wing car . i always tell them , it aint easy. so be ready for a major commitment . that's why you see so many clone projects for sale out there . cause , IT AINT EASY  :cheers:

hotrod98

I think many clones have been and will be for sale simply because their owners didn't take our advice to begin with. It's gotta be disheartening to walk out into the shop and realize that you have a pile of junk sitting around your clone project.
Not to mention those that have tried to make said junk work and then realize that they had not only wasted their money but a great deal of their time as well.
My new motto... "It is what it is."

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Charger-Bodie

Ive been fortunate enough to find decent stuff to use for my clone....The problem is the junk that was purchased first.....I love buying stuff for my cars,I hate buying it twice because someone doest take enuf pride in the parts they make to satisfy me.  :brickwall:

xx29440charger

Now a questions for you clone experts...I am building a daytona clone using my 70 charger....can you tell me the best place/ places to purchase the parts so I don't have to buy them twice.
Thanks :cheers: Also I like the advice about strapping the frame down so the plug doesnt crack..any other advise would be greatly appreciated!
:2thumbs:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: xx29440charger on October 01, 2010, 06:51:19 PM
Now a questions for you clone experts...I am building a daytona clone using my 70 charger....can you tell me the best place/ places to purchase the parts so I don't have to buy them twice.
Thanks :cheers: Also I like the advice about strapping the frame down so the plug doesnt crack..any other advise would be greatly appreciated!
:2thumbs:

I dont really want to bad mouth anyone,but if I could do it all over again I would buy as much as I possibly could from Dayclona (Mike Goyette) His stuff is made with pride and it shows cause the stuff works and fits . Unlike some of the other stuff I had started out with.

daytonalo

Thank you Rene and I have a few orders as of 10-1-10 , they are 385.00 including shipping to lower 48
Each set is made from 20 gauge mirror stainless and are test fit on w/s area cut from charger ( NO USABILE CHARGER WERE HURT IN THIS PROCESS !) They attach with screws in jamb area and they fit very snug to gasket . I have seen brand X and from what I'm told don't fit well and looks like they were finished with 220 grit !   You can shave if so desired in reflection &I have sold over 100 set worldwide

I also make Trunk hinges , they include c -channel and sell for 250 but need at least 5 pair to break jig out of mothballs

Thank
Larry

CornDogsCharger

Hey Larry, I have heard good stuff about your products and plan to eventually purchase everything needed to replicate the Charger 500..... when $$ permits.  On the A-pillar trim, do they not have the two mounting holes on the face like the originals or is that optional? 

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

UFO

Only the superbird had the two screws on the exterior.

hemi68charger

Quote from: UFO on October 02, 2010, 08:04:07 PM
Only the superbird had the two screws on the exterior.

Correct... Daytonas and C500's are smooth... Superbirds have the "fast-way" to attach.......

AB
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: daytonalo on October 02, 2010, 08:59:18 AM
Thank you Rene and I have a few orders as of 10-1-10 , they are 385.00 including shipping to lower 48
Each set is made from 20 gauge mirror stainless and are test fit on w/s area cut from charger ( NO USABILE CHARGER WERE HURT IN THIS PROCESS !) They attach with screws in jamb area and they fit very snug to gasket . I have seen brand X and from what I'm told don't fit well and looks like they were finished with 220 grit !   You can shave if so desired in reflection &I have sold over 100 set worldwide

I also make Trunk hinges , they include c -channel and sell for 250 but need at least 5 pair to break jig out of mothballs

Thank
Larry

Larry, I would really like to see some close up pictures of your moldings installed on a completed car.

Specifically the area where the "A" pillar moldings meet the top of the windshield stainless and the junction with the drip rail

stainless.   :scope:

Charger-Bodie

I will snap some close ups when Larry sends me mine.

BigBlockSam

your welcome Larry, you make good parts . Larry also did my pop up lights on my Daytona .

Charger-Bodie

I really cant wait til I get these things on the car!!  :2thumbs:

BigBlockSam

QuoteI really cant wait til I get these things on the car!!  2thumbs

:yesnod: i agree those little finishing touch  make you feel good inside.  :cheers:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: BigBlockSam on October 03, 2010, 11:38:52 AM
QuoteI really cant wait til I get these things on the car!!  2thumbs

:yesnod: i agree those little finishing touch  make you feel good inside.  :cheers:

Thats a fact.

daytonalo

rene can you help out by posting close-up pic ?

daytonalo

Didn't you buy Erik nelson trim for 500.00 ??

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: daytonalo on October 03, 2010, 12:01:45 PM
Didn't you buy Erik nelson trim for 500.00 ??

Yep. What a learning experience this build has been......

A very wise man once told me "The things you remember the most in life will either cost you money or cause you pain" ....This car has done plenty of both. :yesnod:

daytonalo

Can you please post close-up pics of the trim you bought ? we can all compare

daytonalo

Daytona RT /SE did you buy a set from Erik Nelson  as well ?