News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

o.k.. 50 Chevy is sold, here i smy new toy that I am actually doing.

Started by Khyron, September 18, 2010, 10:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargergirl

Truck is coming along really well and looks great. Hate to see what I would do with a welder...lol...However the Charger DOES look ticked when sitting at the garage door. Can't wait to see the finished project!
Trust your Woobie!

Khyron

Thank you kindly :-) The good news in, I just got off the phone with a local guy, I may have found my donar truck..... we may have some updates very very soon :D

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

71green go

Hope this loads...Here is a picture of my 57 chev truck that I camaro cliipped, chopped roof 4" and a ton of other low buck mods....500hp 350 chev engine........

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

darkfiire5000

Hey did you ever get that doner truck and if so you got any spare parts you don't want i could possibly be interested in buying some????

dodgeboy67

Khyron

Just got my parts truck home today, found exactly what I need, so progress will now continue :-) we'll see what I don't use, what did you have in mind??

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

djcarguy

hey great looking 69 way neater than a GLee ..  neat truck project,i hope you disassemble and inspect your rear main leafs very close for cracked and broken leafs.those out trucks got way over loaded and fatigued back then.and remove 3 leafs front and back to help the ride of a striped down rat rod.  less leafs and gas shocks make for a far better ride. how much to chop my 46 pu????   i used stock springs with firebird rear,it all went good till rear spring broke and rear went cock eyed under truck.... it now has dart springs and rides totally better and sets lower.
        what engine? mopars are good or chevy in a chevy??    i have 4 chevy pu's, 28 cowl and nose c cab woody wagon rat iam building in my living room;;; a 33 1 1/2 ton that is now on a 76 gmc dully frame;;; 46 flatbed 1/2 ton;; and a 55 gasser high nose with 454,it has the very rare cut down phone company short narrow bed..  great project and all the best on your build.  i live in oregon and law is no part can be below bottom of rim ,so even on a flat it can be moved off rode??  2 friends did the axle over ,it lowers but watch the oil pan,,..   build and drive the wheels off em...dj bye

Khyron

wow, lots to anser there ;-) i'll try by best.

Im going to use the springs and rear from the S-10, i like the thinker springs and should make for a better ride, she'll have a 5 foot bed on it and a full gastank, so it should ride nice. I extended the front so the engine will set back to avoid any issues with the pan hitting the front axel also ;-) I have a camaro rear but the S-10 is already setup and the width between the 36 and the S-10 are just about the same, so no relocating perch's.

I got a 283 Chevy motor and will be using the T-5 trans from the S-10.... I believe in chevy in a chevy and mopar in a mopar ;-)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

djcarguy

DO YA KNOW? I HAVE A 88 CAMARO 5 SPD FROM V6 CAR BUT WAS TOLD IT IS LIGHTER DUTY THAN V8-5SPD ? ALL SO THAT IT HAS TO MOUNT 7 DEGREES OFF LEVEL,BUT TILT TOWARD OR AWAY FROM DRIVER?  PLAN IS TO PUT IT IN MY 46 CHEV PU TO REPLACE THE OLD NON SINK GRINDER BOX.ANY INFO HELPFUL,THANKS

Khyron

if the 88 v6 was a 2.8 it wont work, it will have a 60 degree bell houseing and the shaft will be to short. You need the T5 from a 4.3 V6 or another V8. and the trans always leans with the motor, a bit back...

Simple rule, always keep the carb level.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

side note. for all the people that are watching this thread and are new like me I have a little bit of advice.... when you are in the back of your parts car with a cutting wheel, and your cutting stuff off left and right, make sure the gastank has already been removed 

Khyron almost go BOOM 

On a side note, rear is out of the S-10 and mocked up under the 36, I will be making the hangers and mounting it up this weekend. I will be using a set of 2 1/2 inch leafs from a 66 mustang <wifes> to keep some of the arch out of it and get the back end lower. Pics will follow after this weekends work. It's a bit of a mess in my garage at the moment to no pictures 

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Khyron

waiting on some parts, u bolts and such, will have updates real soon, and fire extinguishers are at the ready :-P

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

Well, I hurt my back while working on this damn thing, had to heal up for a week, take my pills like the doc told, now im better, time for an update

sorry about the pics, my wife broke the camera :-( Ill have a new camera this weekend if all goes right.

As per my bud Mike I set a cross section in and welded on the front leaf hangers. Still have more to weld but it's bolted also Rear is in place, still need to weld, trim, and set rear hangers in frame

I like the east coast ride height and am happy with the 110 inch wheelbase.

Still need to clean it up a but, add some braces and start the rear hangers. I got s-10 bushings, will take some 2x3, drill holes, press it in and then weld / bolt it to the existing frame and put a hole through it to mount the shackles half way down em.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

took some 2x3, cut a hold in it and mated it to the existing frame. drilled a hole through thta, pounded in a s-10 rear bushing and attached the rear of the spring. I think it's a bit close... just about as close at the original S-10... but I may end up using a longer shackle....

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

I know it's been awhile since I updated this, but it is because I had to sell the 36.... because of the divorce some of my bills piled up quick on me. But.... i worked my ass off, and well, I bought it back.

I'm still going to update as much as I can, but work may be a little slower.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."