News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

o.k.. 50 Chevy is sold, here i smy new toy that I am actually doing.

Started by Khyron, September 18, 2010, 10:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

I will be updating a few forums, so i will be cutting and pasting... If It sound slike I'm talking to someone.... I probably am LOL.

My plan, take my $500 36, Chevy PU roller and turn it into something fun for little money, lot sof work, and lots of trading. I'm going to try to get this as an under $3000 Build.

First, here it is, Original frame is not too bad...however the sprint perch section is a bit ate up. I'm planning on Zing the frame, moving the cab back about 5 inch's. take 2 to 3 inches off the top. smaller bed of course, and open engine compartment, the rad support framework is a bit ate up... so we'll see what I do with that. Suggestions are welcome, and actually wanted. I'm from the muscle car group making the transition... so you may need to beat me in line...

and no..... no s10 frame will be used. I want springs in the front and back, and solid Axel... if I want comfort... I would build a caddi ;-) and now, the pics.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

I've removed the cab and got it in my Garage.... she seems to be making quite rude comments to the charger right now  :smilielol:

bed is in the back of the garage, she's a bit beat up, but i'm planning on taking a few feet out the middle for the short bed. that should remove the worse damage... not sure on the engine yet, depends on what type of donar car I can get my hands on.... This is going to just be a fun cruiser.... not a street machine....so a midle 350 may be in order with a stick... we'll see.

paint and such aren't even a thought yet.. if it gets painted at al that is... I like the bear metal look some of you guys went with.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

472 R/T SE

Looks like fun.  You can do whatever you want & no one can question if this or that is the right color or you're using the right clamp.

I envy you.  How I wish I had the room & physical ability to do some thing like that.  We'll/I'll be needin' lots of photos to vicariously live through you.   ;)  Of course you knew that.

Tilar

Looks like a fun project.   :2thumbs:

If that were a 1 ton with dual wheels, I have the rear differential with the enclosed driveshaft and 6 split rim wheels that they came with originally. I also have the front steering axle with new brakes, a steering column and a 6 cylinder block with the crank. It all got moved outside this last spring because we got tired of tripping over it.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

bakerhillpins

Why not do something different and not chop 4" out of the cab?  :icon_smile_big:

Are you going to go with a wood floor in the bed? Looks like fun.  :coolgleamA:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

chargergirl

Trust your Woobie!

Khyron

Quote from: Tilar on September 19, 2010, 06:00:09 AM
Looks like a fun project.   :2thumbs:

If that were a 1 ton with dual wheels, I have the rear differential with the enclosed driveshaft and 6 split rim wheels that they came with originally. I also have the front steering axle with new brakes, a steering column and a 6 cylinder block with the crank. It all got moved outside this last spring because we got tired of tripping over it.

i Was thinking about duals, but I want 5 lug, and I don't know of any 5 lug GM dual rims :(

Quote from: bakerhillpins on September 19, 2010, 09:39:49 AM
Why not do something different and not chop 4" out of the cab?  :icon_smile_big:

Are you going to go with a wood floor in the bed? Looks like fun.  :coolgleamA:

2 inchs off the front, 2 1/2 off the back.... the cab should be nice... im attaching pics. looks a million times better! ... and yes, old wood in the floor of the bed :)

so here are the updates, got a bug in my ass today, finished the taping and cut the bitch.... top is just set on now. next is to tack it down... cut my stress reliefs... and see how I do :)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

O.k. I'm moved things around, cut the stress reliefs and have been tacking and gringing away..... I'm extreamly happy with my first chop, however... I have a lot of gaps.... i've been working on filling with metal.... any suggestion son the right was to fill?

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Khyron

LOL you can call me a lot of things.... but a welder isn't one of them hehehe

still got more grinding, don't worry, im not leaving it like that.... how would one seal a weld on the inside so it doesn't leak? LOL

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Sublime/Sixpack

Cool project!  I like it.  :2thumbs:      But I hope you're doing something to protect the chargers paint and glass when you're grinding on the trucks welds?
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Khyron

yeah, The Charger goes outside when Im working on teh Rat ;-)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

PocketThunder

Krylon thats an awesome project.  I'll be doing one myself someday.  I think you should put 8 lug axles on it and then put these on with conversions hubs.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Tilar

Quote from: Khyron on September 19, 2010, 08:47:49 PM
Quote from: Tilar on September 19, 2010, 06:00:09 AM
Looks like a fun project.   :2thumbs:

i Was thinking about duals, but I want 5 lug, and I don't know of any 5 lug GM dual rims :(

You know what, I actually think these are 5 lug... I'll take a look tomorrow and see exactly what they are... And grab a pic or two.
Dave  

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Tilar

Ok, Here are some pics, Apparently they are 5 lug hubs on the front but 10 lug rims all around.

I'm in North Central Ohio if you have any need or want for this stuff.

Dave  

Khyron

wow, thats some cool stuff. The rims are sweet as hell, but I have a 5 lug disk GM setup for the front. The steering wheel and shaft are in nice shape... is that a flat head straight 6?

what would you want for some of it. I like the rims, just not sure if I could use them :( wonder if teh 10 lug will fit on the 5 lug drums  :coolgleamA:

like the solid front axel. I could use that center link also...

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Old Moparz

That's a cool truck.   :2thumbs:

I keep asking my wife at car shows which car she likes & she keeps gravitating towards trucks.  :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Tilar

Quote from: Khyron on September 28, 2010, 04:53:44 PM
wow, thats some cool stuff. The rims are sweet as hell, but I have a 5 lug disk GM setup for the front. The steering wheel and shaft are in nice shape... is that a flat head straight 6?

what would you want for some of it. I like the rims, just not sure if I could use them :( wonder if teh 10 lug will fit on the 5 lug drums  :coolgleamA:

like the solid front axel. I could use that center link also...

Come get it all for $50. I just hate to scrap it out. I assume it was a flat head 6 but we don't have the head for it. The 10 lug rims will fit the 5 lug drums.
Dave  

Tilar

Oh one more thing... We do NOT have the lock rings for the rims. No idea where to get any either.
Dave  

Khyron

no problem, Im going to have to make a trip soon, I'll take it all for that :)

If I can't use something, Im sure I can barter a part for what I need :) Thanks a million!

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.