News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reverse light switch

Started by G-man, September 15, 2010, 06:08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-man

Hi

I have a 727 auto gearbox, its a column shift car. Where would the reverse light switch be found? The only one i found was on the gearbox which was a neutral starter switch... my reverse lights dont work so I figured its in the switch but where on earth is the switch in a column shift car???

Back N Black

Nacho-RT74

whats your year ?

since mid 69 was moved to Tranny using 3 prongs NSS, instead the earliers 1 stud
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Ghoste

Brock Lee

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on September 15, 2010, 12:48:33 PM
since mid 69 was moved to Tranny using 3 prongs NSS, instead the earliers 1 stud

It goes back before the mid year. My November 68 manufacture car has it on the transmission. I have worked on 3 other November and one October 68 manufacture cars and all were on the transmission. They were all Hamtramck cars, not sure if that made a difference. If the older style attached to the shifter was found on 69's, I wouldn't say it lasted very long.

ODZKing

looks like 2857240 if it's on the column. #68 in the pic.

G-man

Thanks King

Thats the one. Its a matter of finding one now. Also would like to know, where do I get the 2 screws that screw that bracket down on the colum?

ODZKing

I'm headed to the yard on Saturday for stuff for my 73.  I'll see if there are any.

John_Kunkel

If the BU lights don't work don't assume that the switch is faulty, there is a pin in the shift sleeve that activates the switch and it's fairly common to find the pin broken off.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

G-man

I see

Well we got the switch out and tested it with a light bulb on the battery, it turns on only when its in the middle either side of that it turns off. So its not the best working thing. However Steve thought there might be a lever missing that when you put it in reverse the lever pushes the switch... I may need one of them to... any ideas where I can get one of those just incase?