News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

old color photos.. y'all gonna love this (special one for todd wilson)

Started by RD, September 13, 2010, 11:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bull

Why does PBR get such a bad rap? It got a blue ribbon after all. Is everyone just jealous?

Todd probably likes this one better anyway...

bull

Know what? I just spent the past 2 1/2 hrs looking through those pics and some of WWII and the Vietnam war. One thing I find very fascinating about all the pictures I just saw; not one fat person among them. :shruggy:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Brock Lee

Shakey

Quote from: bull on September 14, 2010, 01:37:38 AM
Know what? I just spent the past 2 1/2 hrs looking through those pics and some of WWII and the Vietnam war. One thing I find very fascinating about all the pictures I just saw; not one fat person among them. :shruggy:

They were all taken in the days before fast food was available!

PocketThunder

Quote from: Shakey on September 14, 2010, 07:26:28 AM

And not everyone had a TV.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bull

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 14, 2010, 09:05:05 AM
Quote from: Shakey on September 14, 2010, 07:26:28 AM

And not everyone had a TV.

Or video games, internet, 645 cable channels, A/C, etc.

hemi-hampton

I prefer the real thing, some of my Pabst cans from 1935 up. LEON.

mauve66

just the fatcat bankers..................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Shakey

....and the railroad and steel tycoons!

Also, I was watching Death Wish II last night and there was a scene where some thugs were hanging out in a run down building, the mural on the wall behind them was an ad for Pabst Blue Ribbon beer.  Thought I'd add that.

A few years back I was in Kansas City, out at a club/bar with a customer and his wife - Pabst Blue Ribbon was on special that night and was my drink of choice.  She proceeded to tell me that that beer is usually associated with "low life's" and "dirty old men".  I asked her to explain and she gave me some examples that I won't bother typing here and my reaction was a shrug of the shoulders and a nod to the waitress to bring 2 more over!   :cheers:

Todd Wilson

Everyone for the most part worked for a living.  Food was not as easy to come by as it is now. You didnt guzzle down 6 bottles of pop every day like people do now. Maybe once a week or month you got a pop when you went to town for a show or something.  Also something to think about the reason why we are all fat is the preservatives and crap in all the foods now. They say that stuff is hurting our health.

Todd

Todd Wilson

I got that photo RD on my FB page as one of my profile pictures.

Todd

PocketThunder

:o Wow!  Look at how the kids didnt have shoes on back then.  As in, they didnt own a pair.  I guess thats where the old saying "baby needs shoes" comes from.  Life sure is different today.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bakerhillpins

Quote from: hemi-hampton on September 14, 2010, 09:33:57 PM
I prefer the real thing, some of my Pabst cans from 1935 up. LEON.

Paul Bunyan Beer?  :scratchchin:

The old train photos are cool!  :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

The70RT

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 16, 2010, 08:39:44 AM
:o Wow!  Look at how the kids didnt have shoes on back then.  As in, they didnt own a pair.  I guess thats where the old saying "baby needs shoes" comes from.  Life sure is different today.

Yeah kids are fat now so they need shoes.....more weight on their feet  ::)
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us