News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So, for you guys that adjust your own...

Started by jb666, September 11, 2010, 01:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Front end height, how many full turns (of the adjusting bolt) does it normally take to make a difference? I have brand new (MP Hemi bars) torsion bars.. I wanted to raise it about 2" in the front.. So I jacked it up, gave it 3 full turns per side, and took it for a ride so it could settle... When I got back and measured it only appears to have gone up about 1/2". Am I correct in assuming that , because they are fine thread bolts, it takes more than 3 turns to go up any amount??

Thanks  :cheers: :cheers:

mikepmcs

:2thumbs:

Keep on going.  Then keep looking at it from the rear cause it will dip left or right if you get out of sync.  Then, you may hear the word "alignment" come up in a few posts to follow.  Not from me though.  :lol:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on September 11, 2010, 01:31:17 PM
:2thumbs:

Keep on going.  Then keep looking at it from the rear cause it will dip left or right if you get out of sync.  Then, you may hear the word "alignment" come up in a few posts to follow.  Not from me though.  :lol:

Oh, I know.. I just want to get it to a ride height that I like before it gets aligned.. which is next. Jon did my new bars when he did the Gear Vendor's unit.. I just want to make sure the nose it up high enough to clear the moon craters in my area.

68X426

Yeah, I seem to remember it takes about 5 turns to result in a one inch increase/decrease.

Why stop at 2 inches? Go for the full A/FX look. :D

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Tilar

I remember back in the late 70's, I was working at a Kelly Springfield Tire center in Tyler Texas doing brakes and front end alignments. Two kids came in with a 69 and wanted me to raise the front end as high as it would go. I explained that by doing this, the ride would be like an old buckboard wagon and that there was a good chance that either the tires would wear bad or it would not drive straight. They wanted it done anyway, so I gave them the option of either tire wear or driving relatively straight, They chose drive straight... After about 20 minutes after they left they wanted it changed, I told them it would be another front end alignment charge to get it fixed.  :brickwall:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.