News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another headlight switch question

Started by shawnmd, September 10, 2010, 06:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnmd

My headlights (69 Charger) brightness increase and decrease (flicker) while I am driving and also after being on for 30-40 mins suddenly just turn off all together.  The headlight switch itself gets really hot, and after it cools off the lights work again.  My question is whether the headlight switch needs to be replaced or the dash light switch (dimmer)?  Also can they be repaired or do they have to be replaced?

A383Wing

it's the headlight switch itself. the thermal breaker inside it getting hot either due to excessive resistance throughout the circuit, or the contacts inside the switch are corroded.

Best to just clean every connection in the headlight circuit, and replace the switch...be prepared, they ain't cheap

The "flickering" could be caused by a bad voltage regulator on the firewall for the alternator if you are still using the "points" style regulator