News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Pearl White

Started by DC_1, September 09, 2010, 10:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC_1

Well I have been trying to dye a couple nice original green upper door pads to match my 68 Pearl white interior. I haven't been happy with the results from the Aerosol dye cans of pearl white I have found available from a few sources including the one recommended by Legendary Auto Interiors. I have in the past used SEM brand dye many times and found it to be the best on the market as far as durability, coverage and over all quality when doing interior color changes. Problem with them is they had no Pearl white available. I contacted them and they agreed to make a formula specifically to match the 68 Pearl White, all I had to do was supply them a sample to create a match to. I did that a couple weeks ago and today they sent me the formula which the Technician assigned to this project said was quite a challenge but she feels is a very good match. She says the best results came from a 2 stage system with a base and top coat. I haven't gone down to my local SEM dealer yet to have it mixed but I planning on doing it today. I will post the results of my findings after I get a chance to spray the interior pieces again in the next week or two. In the mean time if anyone wants the formula send me a PM and I'll be happy to provide it. I also think SEM have entered it in their computer system as 68 Dodge Charger Pearl White so if you call in or email them they can send it to you directly.

ODZKing

I have pearl white in my 67 and yes, it is very hard to match.
However I saw the stuff Herb's is selling at Moparfest last month and while it wasn't on MY interior what I sw looked very close.
You may want to check that out.
I can tell you where NOT to go and that is MoPaints ... that stuff is junk!

Bossman963

Contact Legendary Interiors as I have a 68 white interior Charger and I bought there interior and they gave me the number of the Company that makes the Pearl white dye- hope it helps
Mike
68 Charger 440- under construction
70 Challenger R/T 383 in 2nd version of Vanishing Point. 4 SALE
69 Boss 302
70 Boss 302
74 pantera GTS

68r/t

Did you have any luck on the Pearl White dye?

DC_1

Yep

I sent a sample piece of material to SEM and they made a special formula for me. It's a 2 stage with a white base and a pearl clear that matches exact to the door panels and seat covers I got from legendary.

If you have a paint supply store that can mix SEM send me a PM and I'll shoot the formula over to you.