News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chop Cut Rebuild is doing a 69 charger this season.......

Started by Back N Black, August 27, 2010, 02:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccr-host

Quote from: Troy on January 29, 2011, 02:18:56 PM
I'd probably watch just enough of the first episode to realize it's a Duster and that would be all. I'm sure they're fine, cool cars but the styling does nothing for me. The RR is better, but still not something I'd feel like I had to watch.

Troy

Ouch Troy! You'd only tune into CCR if we're doing a Charger? I thought we had developed some fans for the show not just for a specific car! It's why we're insisting on a Mopar project for next season. :rotz:

Troy

Quote from: ccr-host on January 31, 2011, 01:03:30 PM
I'd probably watch just enough of the first episode to realize it's a Duster and that would be all. I'm sure they're fine, cool cars but the styling does nothing for me. The RR is better, but still not something I'd feel like I had to watch.

Troy

Ouch Troy! You'd only tune into CCR if we're doing a Charger? I thought we had developed some fans for the show not just for a specific car! It's why we're insisting on a Mopar project for next season. :rotz:
I didn't say that. I just don't happen to personally like either choice. Who said that anyone who likes a Mopar has to like all Mopars? I'm very picky and I'm not strictly a Mopar fan boy. As a rule, I'm not much of a fan of reality TV either. I watch a grand total of 3 hours of TV each week so there has to be something to grab my attention and make me want to tune in. I'm probably not a part of the target audience so my opinion isn't nearly as important as some pother people's.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Richard Cranium

Quote from: lexxman on January 27, 2011, 05:08:10 PM
Ok,Dan I'm not a big fan of the vette,but dam that looks good. :2thumbs:

I give it 3 years before all that add-on fiberglass begins cracking.  :yesnod:
I am Dr. Remulac

ccr-host

Quote from: Troy on January 31, 2011, 02:38:22 PM

Troy

I didn't say that. I just don't happen to personally like either choice. Who said that anyone who likes a Mopar has to like all Mopars? I'm very picky and I'm not strictly a Mopar fan boy. As a rule, I'm not much of a fan of reality TV either. I watch a grand total of 3 hours of TV each week so there has to be something to grab my attention and make me want to tune in. I'm probably not a part of the target audience so my opinion isn't nearly as important as some pother people's.

Troy

Oh trust me Troy, you are part of the target demo. You buy parts don't you?  :2thumbs:

ccr-host

Quote from: Richard Cranium on January 31, 2011, 03:44:16 PM
Quote from: lexxman on January 27, 2011, 05:08:10 PM
Ok,Dan I'm not a big fan of the vette,but dam that looks good. :2thumbs:

I give it 3 years before all that add-on fiberglass begins cracking.  :yesnod:

I'd agree if they were simply adding fiberglass. But, these are molded panels, just like the factory. The first car was simply a buck. Even those panels will be taken off and destroyed once the molds are produced.

nvrbdn

well, im not a corvette guy in the least. i record barrette jackson and the mecum so i can fast forward through the 6 million corvettes for sale, but  by making molds, are they planning on making more of these kits to sell for those vettes or is it a 1 time thing for the 2 they built? :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Troy

Quote from: ccr-host on February 01, 2011, 11:53:21 AM
Quote from: Troy on January 31, 2011, 02:38:22 PM

Troy

Troy

Oh trust me Troy, you are part of the target demo. You buy parts don't you?  :2thumbs:
Not for a Duster. :P

Yes, I do buy parts but I don't need to watch TV to figure out which ones to buy. Honestly, most of the car shows on TV are no more than infomercials shilling parts for sponsors. It's hard to get a real read of the quality/fit/finish/durability of a part - or the customer service from the vendor - from someone who is being paid to help sell it. On the other hand, it's nice to know what is available - although I'm rarely surprised due to the long lead times for TV and print.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

ccr-host

Quote from: nvrbdn on February 01, 2011, 01:15:32 PM
well, im not a corvette guy in the least. i record barrette jackson and the mecum so i can fast forward through the 6 million corvettes for sale, but  by making molds, are they planning on making more of these kits to sell for those vettes or is it a 1 time thing for the 2 they built? :shruggy:

They will be building multple cars and selling them, which is why they went to the trouble of making molds. The two featured on the show are their demo cars. The second car will be a different color and have some different accessories.

ccr-host

Well everyone, it's the end of the Season 7 line this Saturday. The season finale will air this weekend!

Here's the link to the teaser/promo enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChopCutRebuild

TUFCAT

bull

Not much of a launch by the Charger there. I hope that was just a test run.

ccr-host

Quote from: bull on February 03, 2011, 02:18:40 PM
Not much of a launch by the Charger there. I hope that was just a test run.

I blame the driver!  :brickwall:

lexxman

Dan it will be nice to see the car finished.When is the pinks race going to air again?

nvrbdn

i believe it was said that the charger had a gas leak or something, missing friday testing. ran 1 respectable lap and the clutch wouldnt release due to a bleeder valve or something. guess i dont have all the forenstances, but it all came down to " it never happened". i either read it or dreamt it. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ccr-host

Quote from: nvrbdn on February 03, 2011, 06:10:20 PM
i believe it was said that the charger had a gas leak or something, missing friday testing. ran 1 respectable lap and the clutch wouldnt release due to a bleeder valve or something. guess i dont have all the forenstances, but it all came down to " it never happened". i either read it or dreamt it. :shruggy:

Ohh... lots of stuff happened. But, I can't give it away yet! You have to wait until Saturday.  ;)

nvrbdn

how long after saturday do we wait till the dvd comes out? im expecting some "dan isms" and bloopers :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ccr-host

Quote from: nvrbdn on February 03, 2011, 08:20:17 PM
how long after saturday do we wait till the dvd comes out? im expecting some "dan isms" and bloopers :2thumbs:
They should be available in the Fall through sponsors and our site. We give SPEED a full year exclusive on the show.

Alaskan_TA

You buy parts don't you?  :2thumbs:

From anyone that I knew moved body VINs or had them moved? No, I'll buy elsewhere.

ccr-host

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on February 04, 2011, 12:17:03 AM
You buy parts don't you?  :2thumbs:

From anyone that I knew moved body VINs or had them moved? No, I'll buy elsewhere.
You're entitled to your opinions. But, we've done this dance before.

lexxman

Ya I seem to remember something now.I figured I would ask instead of looking thought almost 40 pages.  Is the show still half an hour or is the last one an hour? Should be good. :2thumbs:

ccr-host

Quote from: lexxman on February 04, 2011, 04:57:17 PM
Ya I seem to remember something now.I figured I would ask instead of looking thought almost 40 pages.  Is the show still half an hour or is the last one an hour? Should be good. :2thumbs:

No, all shows are 1/2 hour long. But, we had enough material to make it an hour... It's hard to get the crew to turn off their camera's when they're at a show like SEMA and seeing all those babes! :drool5:

Ghoste

ccr-host

TruckDriver

Hey Dan, I hope you plan to hang around here since the car is or will be done soon.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TUFCAT