News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chop Cut Rebuild is doing a 69 charger this season.......

Started by Back N Black, August 27, 2010, 02:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccr-host

Quote from: thedodgeboys on December 07, 2010, 05:22:29 AM
Quote from: lexxman on December 04, 2010, 12:20:36 PM
I watched the show today too.Whats with the keyset column? We all know it should be on the dash. :shruggy: :Twocents:

That's what happens when you get free parts... :eek2:   :slap:

Dan,
Was this that shops first build of this type of project?
I mean no really good tools until this episode, last one no spot weld cutter just a grinder to remove the bump stops a crappy welder also.  Watch the background in the shots it's pretty baron along the walls  :Twocents:

Hot Rods has been a fixture in Norco for many years. The company has been through 3 ownerships and Josh is the new owner; he took over about 8 months ago. The original owner had a rockin' business that most everyone in the area remembers. It's where you went to get the latest accessories and speed parts. However, the 2nd owner turned it into a bit of a Hot Rod Club House. Not doing much in the way of repairs, or selling of speed parts, and keeping the inventory very low. Josh is trying to revive the original image of the place.
This is the first Mopar the Hot Rods team has done. Josh was very excited to participate and get his new company back on the map as a repair and speed facility. The early episodes have some barren walls because the business was really just starting up when we arrived. The work in Georgia was good timing as he was sorting through a big mess back at his shop. As we move along in the season, you'll see more and more tools and equipment arrive. Josh and Brad are great guys and they put their heart and soul into the Charger with long hours and hard work. Combined with getting the new business up and running, it's been a very big task. I'm very proud of the effort they made. It was an education for them and for us too.

ccr-host

I have a couple of pics that are pretty funny (in hindsight) that some of you may appreciate. If someone who knows how to post them PM's me, I'll send them via email.

These pics are of an event that happened at Hot Rods about three weeks into filming... What's that old saying? "If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all"?

thedodgeboys

That makes a lot of sense thanks for explaining it for me. :icon_smile_big:
I hope the new owners has much success making a go of it in this crazy economy.  :2thumbs:

pm sent

dodgert68

I have to agree the majority of the car has turned out stunning but that steering column looks like fido's ass in that beautiful tan interior.

ccr-host

Quote from: dodgert68 on December 07, 2010, 08:10:31 PM
I have to agree the majority of the car has turned out stunning but that steering column looks like fido's ass in that beautiful tan interior.

We'll change it!!!!

I promise!  ::)  ;)

Ghoste

We're pretty uptight here huh Dan? :lol:  You have to remember though that as far as we are concerned, the Charger is likely the single perfect example of auto styling to ever come out.  Changes are not suffered lightly. ;)

ccr-host

Quote from: Ghoste on December 07, 2010, 09:11:25 PM
We're pretty uptight here huh Dan? :lol:  You have to remember though that as far as we are concerned, the Charger is likely the single perfect example of auto styling to ever come out.  Changes are not suffered lightly. ;)

I'm not pleased with the look. It's definetly for a 70 and up. But, it's a very good column. The tilt is a great feature - gives you a good view of the gages! It would work and look perfect for a 70 and up.  We've got some options to look at still.

moparstuart

Quote from: ccr-host on December 07, 2010, 11:43:03 PM

I'm not pleased with the look. It's definetly for a 70 and up. But, it's a very good column. The tilt is a great feature - gives you a good view of the gages! It would work and look perfect for a 70 and up.  We've got some options to look at still.
I need a good 70 column   :whistling:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BrianShaughnessy

XV motorsports  has a tilt / no key column already available... choice of finishes.   http://www.xvmotorsports.com/products/detail/index.cfm?nPID=205&cid=104&cdesc=Steering%20Columns
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

ccr-host

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on December 08, 2010, 11:55:05 AM

XV motorsports  has a tilt / no key column already available... choice of finishes.   http://www.xvmotorsports.com/products/detail/index.cfm?nPID=205&cid=104&cdesc=Steering%20Columns
Thanks Brian,

I've put a call into Flaming River and they're going to see what we can do. I want to keep the original wheel on the car and make it look date accurate. I think FR will have a solution for us.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

DC_1

I checked out Flaming Rivers web site. They seem to have a lot of very nice products. One thing that kinda stuck out was they seem to be more chevy than anything. At least that appears to be the cars they highlight all over their site. Nothing different though from most suppliers. Chevy is usually the bread and butter and us Mopar guys are always the last on the list. Unless of course you are dealing with a company that specializes in Mopar or has a owner, like Shafi, who is a mopar guy at heart!

thedodgeboys

from Dan Woods CCR Host

These are photo's of a customer's car that drove through the storefront at Hot Rods about 3 weeks after we started filming there. I watched the guy pull up, come to a stop against the parking block, then saw his right tire start to spin and smoke... next thing you know, he's through the front window! Poor guy, he just bought the car and was bringing it in to have it looked at. He said he felt the gas pedal was sticking a little bit. Boy, the challenges you face in starting a business now, huh?...Just amazing!

Cheers,
Dan

Its amazing what one can find on the net Dan.  :coolgleamA:

Degrassi Jr. High    :smilielol:

thedodgeboys

Quote from: ccr-host on December 08, 2010, 02:02:15 PM
Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on December 08, 2010, 11:55:05 AM
We're pretty uptight here huh Dan? :lol:  You have to remember though that as far as we are concerned, the Charger is likely the single perfect example of auto styling to ever come out.  Changes are not suffered lightly. ;)

I'm not pleased with the look. It's definetly for a 70 and up. But, it's a very good column. The tilt is a great feature - gives you a good view of the gages! It would work and look perfect for a 70 and up.  We've got some options to look at still.

XV motorsports  has a tilt / no key column already available... choice of finishes.   http://www.xvmotorsports.com/products/detail/index.cfm?nPID=205&cid=104&cdesc=Steering%20Columns
Thanks Brian,

I've put a call into Flaming River and they're going to see what we can do. I want to keep the original wheel on the car and make it look date accurate. I think FR will have a solution for us.

I used an Ididit in my challenger its also the company that makes them for XV they have ones without keys if you wish.
http://ididitinc.com/retrofit_columns/70_74_cuda-challenger_fs.html

lexxman

Oh man ,the guy must have wanted to crawl under a rock anf hide. :yesnod:

ccr-host

Quote from: lexxman on December 08, 2010, 08:46:20 PM
Oh man ,the guy must have wanted to crawl under a rock anf hide. :yesnod:

The driver was not having a good day, that's for sure. It got worse when he saw two professional cameramen and an audio boom come running around the corner! The lesson... Don't smash through a window while a film crew is on site.

ccr-host

Nice pic there Scott... Ah the Degrassi memories are flooding back! :D

I guess I'm too late to win any "Movember" competitions, right?

Ghoste

thedodgeboys

You could use it as your profile picture Dan  :slap:

I hope you don't mind  ;) looks like a great show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Geu2PgJqaV8  :D

ccr-host

Quote from: thedodgeboys on December 08, 2010, 09:06:47 PM

Well, it did win an Emmy for "Best Children's Series" when I was on it. I don't mind at all. That was in 1986 (for those keeping score). Degrassi is seen in over 40 countries. If only CCR had half that success, I'd be able to get my clothes out of the Dry Cleaners and maybe buy a puppy!

thedodgeboys

Dan if you do a few more MOPAR cars you would get there buddy! :2thumbs:

doctor4766

Quote from: ccr-host on December 08, 2010, 09:59:07 PM

Well, it did win an Emmy for "Best Children's Series" when I was on it. I don't mind at all. That was in 1986 (for those keeping score). Degrassi is seen in over 40 countries. If only CCR had half that success, I'd be able to get my clothes out of the Dry Cleaners and maybe buy a puppy!

Come do a show down here in Oz Dan.
There's always plenty of puppies to see too........
Gotta love a '69

ccr-host

Quote from: doctor4766 on December 09, 2010, 03:00:26 AM
Quote from: ccr-host on December 08, 2010, 09:59:07 PM

Come do a show down here in Oz Dan.
There's always plenty of puppies to see too........

Yes, I'm aware of the puppies there! Not too many dogs though!  ;)

doctor4766

Oh yeah, we have our fair share of them too Danno, don't you all be worryin' bout that.
Gotta love a '69

472 R/T SE

Wow, you were a real hard ass.  ;)

Reminds me of a class I was in my senior year, mechanical drawing.  I took another students drawing, erased the letter box & put mine in.

I always had the best numerical writing skills in class.  I was graded my normal high on that but my scores were way lower than the author's drawing. 

I did it for the same reason the kids in the You Tube video did, to prove the teacher was stereotyping me.  That teacher ruined any hope I had for continuing into architecture.

Sorry for the hijack.  That video brought back memories.