News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chop Cut Rebuild is doing a 69 charger this season.......

Started by Back N Black, August 27, 2010, 02:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccr-host

Quote from: UFO on November 20, 2010, 11:34:29 PM
What show is this showdown planned to air on,CCR or Pinks?

It will happen in our final episode (#13). Scheduled air date is late Jan. or early Feb.

RIDELIKEHELL

I finally recorded an episode on the weekend and was thinking it is alot like the work that went into my car, metal wise. I look forward to seeing more of the episodes :cheers:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

thedodgeboys

Hey Dan, why did you send the Dana 60 back to curry to have the tabs welded on?

nvrbdn

so then shafi are we still going to get a final show???? since the last show was to be running at pinks that didnt take place, why not take time and do it all right, then get a track and a victim. and line em up and give us all a show. :shruggy: course im sure it would be an expence to all to get this done, but i would love to see the car run. or at least a final show roasting the tires in a parking lot with the whole crew that was involved in the build. just a thought.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ccr-host

Hi all,

Yes, we had a number of challenges with the Charger at PINKS ALL OUT. I can tell you it is everything it's advertised to be. Powerfull and impressive.

There's been some great challenges to building this car. Rushing to a deadline is always stressfull. But, it all makes great television!

ccr-host

Quote from: thedodgeboys on November 23, 2010, 02:27:49 AM
Hey Dan, why did you send the Dana 60 back to curry to have the tabs welded on?

Currie asked to weld the tabs in-house to be certain the heat didn't warp the axel tubes.

DC_1

That sux!.....no new episode of CCR this weekend!   :icon_smile_angry:

nvrbdn

really. i kept checkin around thinking the dvr just missed it or something :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ccr-host

I believe they're airing a new episode this weekend.

Enjoy!

Magnumcharger

I'm watching the episode of CCR right now. They are installing a new steering column, removing the steering wheel.
It appears this new column has the keyset in the column, a la 1970 rather than in the dash, as per 1968-1969.

Could you verify this, and explain the rationale behind this modification?
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

BrianShaughnessy

Aside from the Charger half of the show...     I found the segments on the older Vettes much more interesting than the entire CSOC project itself.   :Twocents:

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Magnumcharger on December 04, 2010, 08:24:51 AM
I'm watching the episode of CCR right now. They are installing a new steering column, removing the steering wheel.
It appears this new column has the keyset in the column, a la 1970 rather than in the dash, as per 1968-1969.

Noticed that as well....another '69 specific feature gone.

It was really painful watching those Chevy guys butcher that poor steering wheel & column.....you need to remove the center plastic medallion first to gain access to the center horn pad nut....not pry it off with a screwdriver!!!
No shop manuals available on the build? :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

lexxman

I watched the show today too.Whats with the keyset column? We all know it should be on the dash. :shruggy: :Twocents:

ram68

Been watching the show, pretty informative.   Too bad its going to be almost all amd sheetmetal, not much of the real sheetmetal/soul of the car left. LOL

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on December 04, 2010, 09:06:27 AM

It was really painful watching those Chevy guys butcher that poor steering wheel & column.....you need to remove the center plastic medallion first to gain access to the center horn pad nut....not pry it off with a screwdriver!!!

If we refer to earlier posted pics from SEMA,  well, yeah.  key column.  
Otherwise  ...  actual shop manuals at a shop? ???  :lol:    You should know better  ::)  :brickwall:

Edit: I resized the pic to help the scroll challenged.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

DC_1

They should have added this steering wheel while they were at it

Magnumcharger

Not directly applicable...but interesting anyway:
(note '68-style bumper guards, black door button.)

1969 Dodge Charger & Miss American Teen-Ager
Fran Garten of Great Neck, New York poses here with the official car of the 9th Annual Miss American Teen-Ager beauty pageant, which she won. The pageant was held at Palisades Amusement Park, New Jersey.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Magnumcharger on December 04, 2010, 06:24:03 PM
Not directly applicable...but interesting anyway:
(note '68-style bumper guards, black door button.)

1969 Dodge Charger & Miss American Teen-Ager
Fran Garten of Great Neck, New York poses here with the official car of the 9th Annual Miss American Teen-Ager beauty pageant, which she won. The pageant was held at Palisades Amusement Park, New Jersey.

Very cool picture!!
Those bumper guards came on '69's as well though.....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

TUFCAT

I watched that episode today.  What did they do with the 1968-69 dash since they used a 1970 style keyed column?  Hopefully they changed the lower panel.

Ghoste

If you check the pic above you  can see they left the lower panel the same with the keyhole intact.  I don't think the project is really about a restoration so much as an auto parts showcase.  Think of it as an infomercial for us car geeks.

TUFCAT

I checked the picture.....it had to be dragged right to see.

The collumn looks totally out of place in that otherwise nice interior  :eek2:

ccr-host

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on December 04, 2010, 09:06:27 AM

There's a shop manual available? Damn!! :brickwall:

Actually, we intended to change the column but, just ran out of time before SEMA. Flaming River is working on an earlier model column and we've been promised the first one out of the jig, when it's ready. The car's ignition is wired to the dash key.

Magnumcharger

I'd like to see more pictures of the Charger at SEMA.
Does anybody have any? (Preferably LARGE ones!)

And another magazine cover...from way back when!

thedodgeboys

Quote from: lexxman on December 04, 2010, 12:20:36 PM
I watched the show today too.Whats with the keyset column? We all know it should be on the dash. :shruggy: :Twocents:

That's what happens when you get free parts... :eek2:   :slap:

Dan,
Was this that shops first build of this type of project?
I mean no really good tools until this episode, last one no spot weld cutter just a grinder to remove the bump stops a crappy welder also.  Watch the background in the shots it's pretty baron along the walls  :Twocents: