News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar Jackets on E-Bay

Started by 68X426, August 25, 2010, 05:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68X426

Anyone actually bought or seen these jackets? Certainly can't expect much for under $40, but sometimes there are surprises.

They look nice, of course they might explode in flames when sunlight hits them.

The fine print said they aren't cheap Chinese production, they are from Thailand. As we all know the child textile laborer there has higher quality standards than the Chinese child laborer, so that's a good selling point.

Opinions?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260654567208&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Anyone seen one like this made in America?

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Just 6T9 CHGR

Geeze they look nice but bang you on the shipping.... :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Neal_J

Nice-looking coat, that's for sure.  But damn, Chris is right:  $25 shipping for a $39 jacket"

"Thank you sir.  May I have another?"

69_500

I wonder where in Thailand those are being made. Having grown up there I would say that there are bound to be a few flaws in the jackets here and there. They try very hard to copy everything, but they make sure to at least alter at least one logo on everything to avoid copywrite laws. I tried to get some Thai people to make me some copies of the old service shirts that Chrysler employee's wore in the factories from the 1960's but couldn't ever get anyone who said they could duplicate the ones I have.

A383Wing

$25 shipping from overseas ain't really all that bad, I have been shipping parts overseas for a while now...all the red tape and fees adds up, plus the weight of item and box size is taken into account.........I just wonder about the quality of the jacket.

kokxville

I'm from holland and i've had a small business in the past selling "nascar"jackets.I ordered them back then in the us and they were from JH design.These are good quality jackets from this brand,but i had to pay $110.00 each and had to take a minimum from 10 jackets( No mopar jackets anymore though ) ,but prices seem to be much lower than 5 years ago.I've also seen these jackets from Asia back then and ordered over there and they were a LOT cheaper.( Not shure if it was thailand )They even had the JH Design brand on them.But when i get them,it was just a low quality bad replica from the original.So personally i'll buy there never again.
They copy everything,but my experience is that it's very low quality,so if you're not stand for quality,buy it,if not stay far away from it.  :Twocents:

If you're looking for good quality jackets,go for example to this site:  http://www.hotjackets.com/racing%20jackets/dodge.php  or google it.

John
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"