News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

which springs to use?

Started by 70daytonaclone, August 21, 2010, 10:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70daytonaclone

HI I have a 69 charger that I want to be a daily driver and able to handle the curvy roads of north Georgia.these are the springs I have to choose from. stock set from a 68 charger,5 leaves, stock set from a 69 383 charger,r leaves, and a stock set from a 69 charger that have 6 on the left and 7 on the right.thanks for any help.Steve

Troy

The sets from the 68 and the 69 383 should be the same. The last (staggered) set from the 69 Charger will be the heavy duty version which should be stiffer/better - assuming they aren't totally worn out. If you can afford to buy new the Mopar XHD springs will be even stiffer or you can buy from Espo and have several choices.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

b5blue

Turn them upside down and try to get a feel what ones have best rebound, the stronger the better, closely inspect the front bushings. I swapped out a old tired set of 6-7's for new like Troy recommended and the difference is HUGE! My old ones look really fine but spring action is gone in comparison. For the work and effort new XHD are a sound investment. I got mine from Todd at Marsh Performance his price and shipping were very reasonable and he is great to do business with.  :2thumbs: